• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, king boro said:

Who will be glad when the new manager is announced will you all feel a sense of relief.

Sense of relief will ultimately be decided on who is appointed out of the names been touted I’d be most happy with Jokanovic and least happy with Woody. 

Thats not to say I would be unhappy with JW as I believe every manager/player deserves my support and optimism until they give me reason not too

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

I promised the person who told me I wouldn’t. It’s not me waiting to say I knew that was going to happen it’s just I said I wouldn’t share. Keep checking on here to see if there’s any mention of it.

Ok matey 

7 hours ago, D.Z. said:

I'm not related to RAF, i'm Diggerlad's older brother. He's stopped posting on here because he actually is somewhat ITK yet got shot down for anything he posted on here, whether it turned out to be true or not.

Some people are just jealous that other posters have genuine connections to the club, it's pathetic at times.

No, he stopped posting on here because he has this expectation that as he claims to be ITK then people will accept everything he says as the truth and when they didn't he got the hump about it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, D.Z. said:

It's the Daily Star, so the former most likely.

I'm not sure why we'd even want Stendel. He got Barnsley promoted back to the Championship, so what? Maybe see how he fares with them this season first.

In fairness though, a promotion is a promotion, and that's exactly what we are looking for. It's obviously different to being a player, as a manager those skills should be transferable.

When we got Pulis, he had spent 10 years managing in arguably the best league in the world. But he'd also spent 10 years battling relegation, so what he brought to us was the sort of football you play if you're trying to scrape survival.

3 hours ago, BoroJake said:

We are allowing woodgate to appoint his own back room staff? This is going to go great

It would probably be worse if he didn't, to be honest, or at least have a say. We'd end up with a situation like Karanka being forced to work with Agnew. I don't want Woodgate in at all, but if he does get the job, we have to do it his way, or it will just end in disaster. 

33 minutes ago, king boro said:

Anyone find it weird that swansea and west brom havent announced their manager yet are they waiting for boro to pounce first or what.

Reckon teams are looking at the likes of Norwich and Sheff Utd and realising you don't need a 'big rep' name like Bielsa, Slutsky or Pulis to make the grade.

Moreso than ever, it's become obvious that getting the best out of your squad is more important than high reputation or big money signings at this level. Clubs like West Brom, Swansea and us have to get it right this time...

• Like 3

I reckon woodgate can do the job and get promotion the players really like him if you look on his instagram they are really supportive for him one thing that stands in his way are his own people us boro fans he needs to try win them over by playing bright attacking football which i think he can. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MIDDLESBROUGH’S next manager will face an immediate dilemma over the futures of two of the club’s most promising youngsters amid interest from the Premier League.

The search for Tony Pulis’ successor continued over the weekend when further talks were believed to have taken place with possible candidates.

Jonathan Woodgate remains the favourite for the job and has impressed Middlesbrough’s decision makers with his outlook for the club.

Barnsley’s Daniel Stendel has seen his price drop over the weekend and he is known to have been considered by Middlesbrough, while Slavisa Jokanovic, Mikel Arteta and Paul Heckingbottom are others still being mentioned.

But whoever is given the chance to try to revive Middlesbrough’s fortunes after two unsuccessful promotion bids will have to battle to keep a couple of key youngsters, Marcus Tavernier and Dael Fry.

Even though both players are under contract until 2021, it has become clear that interest in the pair has stepped up and Middlesbrough expect to receive offers this summer.

The two are seen as a big part of Middlesbrough’s future having graduated from the academy system and that is what the boardroom wants to encourage more of.

Tavernier has seen interest in him grow significantly over the last 12 months and there are clubs at home and abroad known to be keen. Bayer Leverkusen are one of those from Germany keen.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17679163.boros-promising-pair-wanted-by-watford-and-burnley/

10 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

Interesting that the echo state that stendel is one in consideration while the gazette stated that we haven't shown any interest in him. A slight movement if true. 

I’m inclined to agree the Gazette over TNE here. If you remember it was the Gazette who were first to the mark with regards to Pulis leaving so I reckon they are pretty clued up on this and most likely know who the next manager is (Woodgate ?).