oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

This week could be providing some of the vital building blocks for our season. 

Be excited to see what happens, as the famous song says, Qué Sera Sera. I won't be overly happy with Woody, but he'll get my backing for sure. Giving the way Gibson was saying we're wanting to build our squad through youth and cheap signings, I'm unsure whether Woodgate will be that man, but I've heard he's popular with the Youth Squad. 

On a side note, at least this forum allows for good discussion, I post sometimes on FMTTM, but that place is cliquey, and just a bit bitter tbf. Again thank you for the warm welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

This week could be providing some of the vital building blocks for our season. 

Be excited to see what happens, as the famous song says, Qué Sera Sera. I won't be overly happy with Woody, but he'll get my backing for sure. Giving the way Gibson was saying we're wanting to build our squad through youth and cheap signings, I'm unsure whether Woodgate will be that man, but I've heard he's popular with the Youth Squad. 

On a side note, at least this forum allows for good discussion, I post sometimes on FMTTM, but that place is cliquey, and just a bit bitter tbf. Again thank you for the warm welcome. 

Don't worry, this place gets called clique-y too.

In fact at one point there was an official Pro-Stuani clique, back in the day.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, king boro said:

Southgate will give woodgate a good reference for the job 

I'm fairly confident that if Steve Gibson wants to give Woodgate the job, a reference from Southgate wouldn't really be necessary. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, "KM" said:

I’m inclined to agree the Gazette over TNE here. If you remember it was the Gazette who were first to the mark with regards to Pulis leaving so I reckon they are pretty clued up on this and most likely know who the next manager is (Woodgate ?).

Let's not forget that it was the Echo that set the entire Reiziger ball rolling. I don't believe they have any idea at all, just writing rubbish to fill column inches.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

Let's not forget that it was the Echo that set the entire Reiziger ball rolling. I don't believe they have any idea at all, just writing rubbish to fill column inches.

It has been proven before that they get their stories from rumours posted on here. ?

1 minute ago, king boro said:

garry monk was announced on the 9th june  last year could we expect our new manager to be revealed on that same date

Two years ago.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Don't worry, this place gets called clique-y too.

In fact at one point there was an official Pro-Stuani clique, back in the day.

The Pro-Stuani Clique is still strong...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

The cult of the reliable Uruguayan lives on amongst us.

King Stuani, we adore you . 

#StuaniForTheSeatOfPower...

Odds on Stuani as Player-Manager?

Putting aside the fact whether people are for or against the reported appointment of Woodgate, I think we can all accept only reason he is being considered for the job is because he a local lad?

Woodgate has been part of the backroom staff of 3 different managers now. Agnew, Monk and Pulis. Only Woodgate has survived the axe when the backroom staff of each of the respective managers has been removed. Why? It can't be because of experience because likes of Curtis Fleming have more experience than him and Curtis seems like he was happy to stay on after Pulis. So why was Curtis not even considered worthy of an interview but Woodgate is.

I have no issue with Woodgate been given a chance but lets be clear. He is only been given chance because he is a local lad. If he was born in London then Gibson would not have such an obsession with almost wanting to shoe-horn him in to being this clubs manager.

It is also only reason why we were paying a 35yr old, £30k plus a week in Downing. I don't for one second believe Gibson would have even paid £7m for a 30yr old and then handed him a 5 yr deal on that wage if said player had not been an academy graduate. 

And that is where my issue lies. Some of our chairman's decisions are clearly based on what postcode an individual was born in. The primary reason should be their actual talent or worth to do the job. Where they were born should bot even come in to it but it clearly does with our Chairman.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Putting aside the fact whether people are for or against the reported appointment of Woodgate, I think we can all accept only reason he is being considered for the job is because he a local lad?

Woodgate has been part of the backroom staff of 3 different managers now. Agnew, Monk and Pulis. Only Woodgate has survived the axe when the backroom staff of each of the respective managers has been removed. Why? It can't be because of experience because likes of Curtis Fleming have more experience than him and Curtis seems like he was happy to stay on after Pulis. So why was Curtis not even considered worthy of an interview but Woodgate is.

I have no issue with Woodgate been given a chance but lets be clear. He is only been given chance because he is a local lad. If he was born in London then Gibson would not have such an obsession with almost wanting to shoe-horn him in to being this clubs manager.

It is also only reason why we were paying a 35yr old, £30k plus a week in Downing. I don't for one second believe Gibson would have even paid £7m for a 30yr old and then handed him a 5 yr deal on that wage if said player had not been an academy graduate. 

And that is where my issue lies. Some of our chairman's decisions are clearly based on what postcode an individual was born in. The primary reason should be their actual talent or worth to do the job. Where they were born should bot even come in to it but it clearly does with our Chairman.

Merson was 29 when he joined on a 5 year deal and the 5 million paid for him was when the market was a lot less than when Downing signed. Am sure he would have been on huge wages too. Don't think it was just down to Downing being an ex academy player