oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

FWIW

-The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel ownership structures through a broker Alexander Jarvis.

-Gibson has a very close relationship with Sir Jim Ratcliffe (INEOS) and the latter sought the former during the process of due diligence and advice on club ownership after deciding to proceed with plans for investment in OGC Nice. Peter Kenyon is linked to Ratcliffe after using him to seek advice and knowledge regarding Chelsea.

- I dont know the latest regarding Jokanovic but as has been widely reported he did have discussions with club hierarchy in London. He is not supportive of a DOF model but has a close relationship with a wide network of agents and links with scouts across the world. It does not appear his apparent wage demands are the problem as mentioned by a number of people on here. His reservations are the magnitude of the task ahead transition to a more free flowing attacking philosophy. (This is evident after the WBA transition from Pulis style after Pardew came in). There was set to be another meeting with Jokanovic who was provided after the first meeting with all of our statistical records, data, player database information and coaching infrastructure.

- As I mentioned earlier in this thread Phil Neville was on the list, meeting was held in London but he was looking to combine both a role with Englands women team and our club which was not something we were willing to consider.

- Moyes, Rowett and Paul Clement were proposed by their respective agencies for an interview but none of these went any further.

• Like 9
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Ok so one or two of you should go and get a basin before you read any further. I am about to reveal my theory about why Gibson is going to give the job to Woodgate.........

He is actually hoping that he will struggle in the job over the first few months so he has the excuse to bring in an experienced man to help guide him.........

Re-enter Tony Pulis around November........

10 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Who knows if Woodgate does well he might *** off to Spurs like last time. 

He shouldn't be anywhere near a championship job.

If Woodgate does well enough for Spurs to come in for him then I’m pretty sure we will be a Premier League club this time next season. I would take that tbf. ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

FWIW

-The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel ownership structures through a broker Alexander Jarvis.

-Gibson has a very close relationship with Sir Jim Ratcliffe (INEOS) and the latter sought the former during the process of due diligence and advice on club ownership after deciding to proceed with plans for investment in OGC Nice. Peter Kenyon is linked to Ratcliffe after using him to seek advice and knowledge regarding Chelsea.

- I dont know the latest regarding Jokanovic but as has been widely reported he did have discussions with club hierarchy in London. He is not supportive of a DOF model but has a close relationship with a wide network of agents and links with scouts across the world. It does not appear his apparent wage demands are the problem as mentioned by a number of people on here. His reservations are the magnitude of the task ahead transition to a more free flowing attacking philosophy. (This is evident after the WBA transition from Pulis style after Pardew came in). There was set to be another meeting with Jokanovic who was provided after the first meeting with all of our statistical records, data, player database information and coaching infrastructure.

- As I mentioned earlier in this thread Phil Neville was on the list, meeting was held in London but he was looking to combine both a role with Englands women team and our club which was not something we were willing to consider.

- Moyes, Rowett and Paul Clement were proposed by their respective agencies for an interview but none of these went any further.

fascinating...genuinely, fascinating! Do you know much about whether Woodgate is still favourite?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

FWIW

Interesting read that mate ?

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

fascinating...genuinely, fascinating! Do you know much about whether Woodgate is still favourite?

13 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

FWIW

Fascinating post mate. One of the most interesting posts we have had on ob in weeks. It is of course speculation at this point however that bit on Jokanovic gives me great hope. As others have pointed out we must have known SJ’s wage demands very early on in  proceedings so we must be further on with discussions as it has been a few weeks!    

10 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Ok so one or two of you should go and get a basin before you read any further. I am about to reveal my theory about why Gibson is going to give the job to Woodgate.........

He is actually hoping that he will struggle in the job over the first few months so he has the excuse to bring in an experienced man to help guide him.........

Re-enter Tony Pulis around November........

Ha Ha bloody Ha

15 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

FWIW

Great information mate. Fingers crossed Jokanovic can be convinced to come then! 

1 hour ago, thatoldchestnut said:

"If Jokanovic wants silly money, an entire set of backroom staff, and to splash the cash on yet ANOTHER squad overhaul... meh. That's not what we need. We need patience and a chance to build from within, which Woodgate offers us."

Well if the above criteria is not what the club wanted then they shouldn't even have interviewed Jokanovic and concentrated on the type of manager that would develop the young players and eventually create a team. Not just Woodgate though!!!

The club can’t do much right with you can they? Don’t cave into Jokanovic excessive demands means we should never have interviewed him and if we never interviewed him you probably ask why they didn’t at least explore the possibility. 

What if he said “I want 70k a week, bring in 5 coaches, 30 million transfer kitty and full day on signings”. After Langtry negotiations he’s said he is willing to go to 50k a week but still wants his own back room staff and a transfer budget that’s above what we can spend?

Without having any first team managerial experience do you think Farke was the most experienced manager Norwich spoke to?

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The club can’t do much right with you can they? Don’t cave into Jokanovic excessive demands means we should never have interviewed him and if we never interviewed him you probably ask why they didn’t at least explore the possibility. 

What if he said “I want 70k a week, bring in 5 coaches, 30 million transfer kitty and full day on signings”. After Langtry negotiations he’s said he is willing to go to 50k a week but still wants his own back room staff and a transfer budget that’s above what we can spend?

Without having any first team managerial experience do you think Farke was the most experienced manager Norwich spoke to?

This

7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Great information mate. Fingers crossed Jokanovic can be convinced to come then! 

This makes more sense, if his wage demands were too high then he wouldn't have been in the running at all. 

Let's hope he/club can convince each other. 

Great information thank you. 

27 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

FWIW

Adding to this with Phil Neville the main difficulty with this is the women's world cup he wanted full attention on this and asked to defer the decision until after world cup.

Jovanovic isn't out of question  but longer it goes on the longer on the more likely it is to be Woodgate. 

Jovanovic wants a big overhaul which we can't afford,  but let's hope there is some compromise in it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Adding to this with Phil Neville the main difficulty with this is the women's world cup he wanted full attention on this and asked to defer the decision until after world cup.

Jovanovic isn't out of question  but longer it goes on the longer on the more likely it is to be Woodgate. 

Jovanovic wants a big overhaul which we can't afford,  but let's hope there is some compromise in it.

Interesting. Stuff like this is great discussion. 

• Like 1