oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Adding to this with Phil Neville the main difficulty with this is the women's world cup he wanted full attention on this and asked to defer the decision until after world cup.

Jovanovic isn't out of question  but longer it goes on the longer on the more likely it is to be Woodgate. 

Phil Neville thing makes sense and his position is completely fair.

Don't understand the second point, surely the longer it goes on the more likely it isn’t Woodgate? Why waste all this time if it’s Woodgate?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, Will said:

Phil Neville thing makes sense and his position is completely fair.

Don't understand the second point, surely the longer it goes on the more likely it isn’t Woodgate? Why waste all this time if it’s Woodgate?

The simple fact is we can't come to a compromise and let's be fair there is a season to prepare for so gibbo can't wait forever. He will say enough enough sooner or later 

16 minutes ago, Borodane said:

The club can’t do much right with you can they? Don’t cave into Jokanovic excessive demands means we should never have interviewed him and if we never interviewed him you probably ask why they didn’t at least explore the possibility. 

What if he said “I want 70k a week, bring in 5 coaches, 30 million transfer kitty and full day on signings”. After Langtry negotiations he’s said he is willing to go to 50k a week but still wants his own back room staff and a transfer budget that’s above what we can spend?

Without having any first team managerial experience do you think Farke was the most experienced manager Norwich spoke to?

Of course the club can please me. They have however said from the outset that they wanted a manager/head coach who would develop the young players and bring them through into the first team. I only said that if Jokanovic wasn't that sort and wanting too much money, then we should have concentrated more on the sort of manager that fitted our criteria and there must be plenty. I all along haven't wanted the successful applicant to be Woodgate. 

How on earth did Neville get a look in? He's managing a international side worse than non league standard. Seems like hellish risk. 

Hopefully Jokanovic comes through, by far the best candidate that seems solidly linked. Shame we couldn't have used a bit of imagination with some of the foreign coaches though.

• Confused 1
15 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

How on earth did Neville get a look in? He's managing a international side worse than non league standard. Seems like hellish risk. 

Hopefully Jokanovic comes through, by far the best candidate that seems solidly linked. Shame we couldn't have used a bit of imagination with some of the foreign coaches though.

It’s just too easy a stick to beat the club with. “Use your imagination and find that next undiscovered exciting coach”. We all want the next Farke but it’s a massive gamble to pick someone from a lower European league or someone with no first team managerial experience. 

It’s not a bigger risk picking Woodgate above some random reserve team coach from the continent. The rumours even suggest that JW loathed Pulis style, spoke out against him and is actually liked by the players.

I’d rather have Jokanovic though. 

39 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

'Worse than non-league' is not even close to accurate, but even putting that to one side, Neville has also coached at Valencia, Man United and England U-21.

He's more experienced than Woodgate, definitely more than Southgate was and arguably more than McClaren or Robson were. 

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been told its Woodgate tonight... apparently not being announced in short term as he is going on holiday. Take it as you please.

Doesn’t think there will be a DoF and that the coffers are empty... sell to buy etc. 

1 minute ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Doesn’t think there will be a DoF and that the coffers are empty... sell to buy etc. 

Well that's all very depressing isn't it.

8 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Been told its Woodgate tonight... apparently not being announced in short term as he is going on holiday. Take it as you please.

Well that took the wind out of my sails.