oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I think Gibson was taken in by Pulis' *** he spoke. His remit seemed to be cost cutting but he spent over £20m + loan fees on crap, probably lowered the value of most of our squad barring Randolph but somehow Gibson was giving him close to what he wanted. 

A bit like when Redknapp does it and bankrupts clubs. 

Do you believe Jokanovic is out of the running now Lurker and it's all done and dusted?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

Do you believe Jokanovic is out of the running now Lurker and it's all done and dusted?

Been told from a very good source that it's Woodgate's. Although an agent last night said Woodgate won't get it ?‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

Has anyone ruled out Pearson? I've got a strange feeling.. 

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Not in the running.

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Not in the running.

Shame.

Rather Woodgate than Pearson. Very few on here would have taken Wilder or Farke two years ago. I don’t doubt that Woodgate has a clear plan about how he wants to play and it’s the opposite of Pulis. What we can hope for is that he can get the team to perform and get the right players to join. 

I'll bet anyone 1,000,000 euros it's not going to be Woodgate, we are saving him for the development team coach. 

what I dont get about Jokavitch is if he performs so badly in the PL then it's not really a great future option for us unless we plan to sack him when we go up and appoint another new guy which would be crackers.

3 minutes ago, HolgateHero said:

I'll bet anyone 1,000,000 euros it's not going to be Woodgate, we are saving him for the development team coach. 

what I dont get about Jokavitch is if he performs so badly in the PL then it's not really a great future option for us unless we plan to sack him when we go up and appoint another new guy which would be crackers.

Bookies will take your money happily.  He's odds on favourite by quite some way.

4 minutes ago, HolgateHero said:

When he went up with Fulham the owner's son was their Head of Recruitment/ DoF and just spend a load of money on players that weren't needed or good enough. He was close to leaving them before the start of the season because he was fed up. 

• Like 2

Yep as said above Jokanovic was shafted by their recruitment team. He didn't want the players they signed.

I wonder if anyone from the club is concerned about the negative reaction that will accompany a Woodgate appointment. He would need time and he isn't going to get it from the majority of fans, that much is obvious.

15 minutes ago, HolgateHero said:

You sound very assured. Solid info or just a hunch?

9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

When he went up with Fulham the owner's son was their Head of Recruitment/ DoF and just spend a load of money on players that weren't needed or good enough. He was close to leaving them before the start of the season because he was fed up. 

Tony Khan used the wrong version of FM for Fulhams recruitment. Wolves used the right one with Neves, Cavaleiro, Jota etc 

19 minutes ago, HolgateHero said:

He had all of a dozen or so games with Fulham, which weren't great.  But then they got Ranieri in, who managed all of 20 points in the rest of the season, less than a point a game, which suggests that there was more at fault than the manager.