oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Just now, Duvel said:

Woodgate isn't going to get time either and if Gibson had his finger on the pulse he'd realise that. 

Whether that's right or wrong thats the reality of the situation. 

If he gets it he will need to come out the blocks firing. I don't think Gibson gives a monkeys anymore about what the fans think. His ego got in the way once he realised he'd made a string of bad decisions, so he's gone into "don't care" mode now. Just my opinion

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

If he gets it he will need to come out the blocks firing. I don't think Gibson gives a monkeys anymore about what the fans think. His ego got in the way once he realised he'd made a string of bad decisions, so he's gone into "don't care" mode now. Just my opinion

I think he either doesn't care what the fans think or he believes that he's got his really great insight which we don't have. 

He probably credits himself with discovering the latest England manager even though he sacked him. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Gibson thought he was discovering the next England manager in Agnew and thinks he's doing the same again with Woody. 

My expectations are not high and I hope everyone else's aren't, we know how hard this league is to get out of so for me, who ever the next boro manager is, all I want to see is the team to have a good go, get the fans on the edge of the seat, create some real chances not just Pulis imaginary chances.

I don't care if we lose 5 or 6 on the spin as long as the players can walk off the pitch saying they give everything they have got.

one of the most exciting seasons was when boro where relegated and we got to 2 x cup finals that's because we attacked teams aiming to out score our opponents rather than out defend them.

Lets say Woodgate gets the job I hope he does the above and when it isn't work that he doesn't do what Monk did and abandoned his beliefs.

on another note if Liam Rosenior gets the job we can easily say the boro fans will not be divided, and that will be that no one wants him.

I really like how Rosenior comes across in punditry, he's obviously a very astute guy.

That's not to say I want him to get the job, but if he does, we can at least assume it's not just because he's cheap or local, as Woodgate is both of those things, and because he's actually impressed in his interviews.

Just now, Tom said:

I really like how Rosenior comes across in punditry, he's obviously a very astute guy.

That's not to say I want him to get the job, but if he does, we can at least assume it's not just because he's cheap or local, as Woodgate is both of those things, and because he's actually impressed in his interviews.

What if Woodgate is the best candidate, despite been cheap and local?
where did the story of him failing his coaching badges come from?

Just now, estonpidge said:

It's not true about his badges, just people making stuff up again. 

Has he got his pro lurker? In one of the interviews I posted last night from 2015 he said that he was already in the middle of his badges and would be moving onto his pro licence after - I assume hes either got it or is very close?

Just now, estonpidge said:
2 minutes ago, Tom said:

He might well be the best candidate, but people would probably have more trouble believing it. To the casual fan, Rosenior represents out of the box thinking, Woodgate represents giving the job to a Boro fan who already works in the building

6 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

The question then is on what basis he is being judged as best, given he's as yet had no chance to demonstrate any ability to manage a championship side.  Talk the talk all you like, I'd prefer a manager who has shown they can actually successfully manage a team.

• Like 1