oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Personally I just want the club to announce Woodgate as new coach, let him get going with the job in hand.  The longer it is left the worse it will be, players are back before you know it so he needs to get stuff going in terms of training, friendlies, staff etc.

I'm behind him if it his him!

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Just now, Hobo said:

The question then is on what basis he is being judged as best, given he's as yet had no chance to demonstrate any ability to manage a championship side.  Talk the talk all you like, I'd prefer a manager who has shown they can actually successfully manage a team.

Some people will just trust Gibson whatever he does, we could bring Strachan back and they'd be people finding the positives in it. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Duvel said:

The Rosenior link is so left field you wonder whether there might be something in it. 

That's what I thought as well. Someone like Hughton or Pearson is just an easy connection to make. You'd wonder where a  link to someone like Rosenior would originate.

14 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Not sure if mentioned yet but Slaven Bilic looks to be set for WBA, be a top drawer appointment that if it comes to fruition

I don’t know you know. I quite like the guy loved him when he was in charge of Croatia but he’s never managed in Championship so it could really go either way. 

14 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Not sure if mentioned yet but Slaven Bilic looks to be set for WBA, be a top drawer appointment that if it comes to fruition

Not convinced he's as good an appointment as you think.

His one year of real success was with a Sam Allardyce drilled defence which he then built an attack on. As soon as he started having to buy defenders himself and get them into his system it started falling apart.

15 minutes ago, Hobo said:

The question then is on what basis he is being judged as best, given he's as yet had no chance to demonstrate any ability to manage a championship side.  Talk the talk all you like, I'd prefer a manager who has shown they can actually successfully manage a team.

hopefully the same as all the other first time applicants with no hands on experience.

16 minutes ago, Tom said:

That's what I thought as well. Someone like Hughton or Pearson is just an easy connection to make. You'd wonder where a  link to someone like Rosenior would originate.

It makes me wonder if Hughton is still in the frame and he wants to bring in Rosenior for the U23’s as he was in that position under Hughton at Brighton?

Rosenior comes across very well talking about pulis here -

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-rosenior-latest-shock-name-16380682.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Wouldnt want him in the main mans seat just now but would certainly like a man with his kind of thinking amongst our staff. Perhaps as blanco alluded to as an assistant to hughton.

1 hour ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Fair enough. It’s a tough job with the budget constraints he’ll be under, but that’s the way things are. The club can’t keep splashing out money on expensive players in the hope of getting promoted, it’s just not sustainable. If that’s what SJ wants in order to take the job, then he’s not the right man. 

I’d rather see a coach that is prepared to play the younger players, we’ve all been crying out for Wing, Tav etc to play more games, if it takes a few seasons to rise to the top, then so be it. 

Give the guy some time, there have been too many knee jerk reactions in recent times. 

Time is the one commodity I don't have,I just hope i'm here for one more promotion party

5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Time is the one commodity I don't have,I just hope i'm here for one more promotion party

That's very sad to hear Barnaby! I hope so to, take care

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Fingers crossed Barnby. Take care of yourself ??

1 hour ago, BillinghamBoro said:

The guy who only had brief succes with west ham after he took over the good foundations laid by big Sam and proceeded to make them very poor until he was sacked. Didn’t look like a guy who knew what he was doing. No thanks.