oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

If you think our search for a manager is unimaginative and slow, here are the favourites for Swansea:

Gus Poyet,  John Eustace, Mickie Mellon, Cameron Toshack, Michael Appleton and Giggs' assistant Albert Stuivenberg. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

If you think our search for a manager is unimaginative and slow, here are the favourites for Swansea:

Gus Poyet,  John Eustace, Mickie Mellon, Cameron Toshack, Michael Appleton and Giggs' assistant Albert Stuivenberg. 

And West Brom are also going round in circles with names popping up and then being discarded  I sometimes wonder what the educational requirement to run a football club entails, not a lot from what I can see 

12 minutes ago, pikerman said:

And West Brom are also going round in circles with names popping up and then being discarded  I sometimes wonder what the educational requirement to run a football club entails, not a lot from what I can see 

Think Gibson's idea is to bore us all to death and then appoint Woodgate and we all think who cares anyway..........

24 minutes ago, pikerman said:

Do you think any other business finds the first and best candidate for a senior role? If Gibson needs a new CFO for Baulkhal don't you think that he will consider a few candidates and turn down plenty of others? The only difference here is that it is of interest to a lot of fans, media and agents. It's a relatively public search. The fact that we are actually taking time and seemingly considering, and holding interviews, suggests that we are actually doing it the right way. Would you rather they only had one candidate and he was named the day after Pulis left?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Borodane said:

I can't believe we aren't in for John Eustace after his glittering playing career here.

17 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Not a whisper 

I do agree like if taking our time means the right person I'm all for it. I can see a Monday announcement.  This is why Woodgate isn't nailed on we are taking every option under consideration it would seem. The fixtures are put 2 weeks today. I hope we play Leeds early on. 

14 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Gazette says "An appointment is expected next week, if not by the end of this week,"

That says to me that it's definitely woodgate 

1 hour ago, Borodane said:

Do you think any other business finds the first and best candidate for a senior role? If Gibson needs a new CFO for Baulkhal don't you think that he will consider a few candidates and turn down plenty of others? The only difference here is that it is of interest to a lot of fans, media and agents. It's a relatively public search. The fact that we are actually taking time and seemingly considering, and holding interviews, suggests that we are actually doing it the right way. Would you rather they only had one candidate and he was named the day after Pulis left?

My point was that, knowing for a long while that they would be in this situation, and that they had such a narrow window of time to recruit a whole new team, that actions would have taken place earlier. In normal business circumstances I would have expected agents and recruitment companies to have been sounded out, a short list to have been drawn up a long time ago, initial interviews held and negotiations at least near to completion. Where else in the business world would a sizeable proportion of a management structure that needing replacing be allowed to drag on like this,, especially bearing in mind the need for the new team to make multi million pound decisions on player movements. As for your point about a CFO, this is not one individual whose position can be carried by others on a temporary basis but a whole structure which is primary to the running of the club, whose new season is weeks away.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Let's see who it is first, shall we?

It's shock outside candidate Forrest Gump.

• Haha 1