oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I’m going to take it now that you have an issue with DZ. I was commenting on IF Woodgate gets the job then he may not be far off the mark so the other point about uniting the squad could be true. That’s all

Absolutely no issue with DZ. I just believe that ITK information posted on here should be taken as what it is, rumours, and shouldn’t be used to support arguments. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Absolutely no issue with DZ. I just believe that ITK information posted on here should be taken as what it is, rumours, and shouldn’t be used to support arguments. 

Hence the capitalised IF in my comments......

1 minute ago, Will said:

Remember when we all believed that we were ‘just waiting to announce Pulis’ contract extension’? 

I am on record as saying I would rather have kept Pulis if Woodgate was the alternative. I get Woodgate might play better football (he won't need to try hard to emulate pulis's football mind) but attractive football is only attractive if you win. If you try play attractive football but are competing at wrong end of table you might think rather watch poor football and compete at right end of table.

I will say this - if Woodgate gets the job and gets us 7th next season he has imo done a great job.

So when the mean nasty posters on here say anything negative about Woodgate it's just hearsay. 

But when there's positive stories about him being a great guy and loved by everyone at the club we should believe those stories. 

Ok. 

• Like 1

The girl I got the pulis leaving info from still reckons it won't be woodgate, and she really wants him to get the job. 

She seems to think that there is more talk to be done with the Portuguese bloke while SG is over there. 

Just posting what she told me. Don't shoot me down if it doesn't turn out to be true. 

And she really really wants woodgate. Did from the beginning. 

Just now, Duvel said:

So when the mean nasty posters on here say anything negative about Woodgate it's just hearsay. 

But when there's positive stories about him being a great guy and loved by everyone at the club we should believe those stories. 

Ok. 

Totally agree with Duvel. Positive comments about Woodgate, impartial comments about Woodgate or negative comments about Woodgate should all be treated exactly the same - just an opinion. Dont think anyone should be criticised for an opinion regarding Woodgate, whatever that opinion may be, as long as the comments do not cross the line.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I do agree with that but then people are attacking 'ITKs' for getting it wrong too rather than taking it with a pinch of salt. Even the way you put this comment:

Remember, this rumour of Woodgate creating harmony and bringing the squad together is solely based on DZs “source” who has yet to be proven correct on anything yet. 

...makes it sound like that's what you're doing, to me. I might be wrong but like I've said before and you seem to have said yourself, this is simply the nature of rumours. We have to take rumours simply as what they are. There's no need for the crap people get on here just for posting rumours when we all know that's what they are.

I think it's daft we have someone like Tudders saying "Don't shoot me down" just because their rumour might be wrong. Who gives a cack, it's the football rumour mill. Shooting people down seems like a childish thing to do because of a football rumour.

• Like 3

Agree, proper annoying when people come on rumour threads and moan about how they hate rumours and ‘itk’ people. And some people take it so personally, it’s actually pretty weird.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, TheHolgate said:

Appointing Woodgate is a foolish uninspiring appointment.

I actually wrote it off when it was speculated last season as - Gibson wouldn't be that stupid.

Foolish is harsh, i'd say Risky 

and not even uninspiring, local lad, player, world class defender(when fit) , played for great teams, and likes 100% committed front foot football (based on his interviews on mfctv)

his failures seam to be based around relationships - be it his childhood friends, or his association with former boro managers; and a bunch of rumours regarding his opinions on their style of play

anyway, devils advocate and all that....

Edited by Mr_Maz
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, Oslo_Syd said:

The great thing about this thread is that you can log in after missing 20 pages and absolutely nothing has changed. This must be some kind of record.

But we still have hope... Even after everything that's happened :D