oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

Just read the Gazette article on how long it has previously taken SG to replace manager. A pointless article in grand scheme of things but most articles are this time of year. 

Anyway the longest it took us was 33 days when Southgate replaced McClaren. Albeit that was probs because Southgate was a fall back option.

2nd longest was 23 days when AK took over Mogga.

21 days since Pulis left so this is now 3rd longest. I dont think we will get to 33 days with this appointment but will probs pass the 23 days. 

Quite a few of the shorter ones are midway through a season as well. It seems like the longest ones are where an actual managerial search has been undertaken, in the case of AK (23 days) it was a left-field appointment. In the case of Southgate (33 days), it was the fall back option after a search for a successor fell through. So we're definitely in that territory at the moment.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Well the only "fact" we have is that nobody knows for certain who the next manager is. Not much to discuss there, is there?

There is a difference in discussing rumours and using rumours to support opinions though. 

I’m all for discussing rumours. And will happily do that. 

But when I’m trying to support an opinion I have I try to use fact, like stats or public knowledge. 

The two posts I’ve replied to in the past two days have used ITK information to support their argument. 

Again, I’m sorry if the way I’ve approached this has made it come across like I’m having a go at you. I honestly have no issue with members posting ITK information. I actually really enjoy reading it so keep it up. My frustration lies with the way it’s then used by other members. 

For God's sake can we stop bickering about who's ITK, who's not and the backbiting? People would (and do) soon complain if there's no ITK info coming out, so just be thankful for what's there wether you believe it's accurate or not.

It's an internet football forum for Christ's sake... 

Looking forward to the Woodgate era. There’d be nothing better than a local lad bringing through the youth players with attacking football.

UTB

• Like 8

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-manager-search-move-fourth-16392146.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Reading that Woodgate is getting more coverage than anyone else and the bit where it mentions Pulis buttering up Gibson raving about Woodgate makes me sick as we know how much Steve loves Tony's view. 

Just now, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-manager-search-move-fourth-16392146.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Reading that Woodgate is getting more coverage than anyone else and the bit where it mentions Pulis buttering up Gibson raving about Woodgate makes me sick as we know how much Steve loves Tony's view. 

It’s already Woody’s.... announcement Tuesday or Wednesday is my guess.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Looking forward to the Woodgate era. There’d be nothing better than a local lad bringing through the youth players with attacking football.

UTB

I've accepted it now and what Neil Madison said on the radio that Woody likes Liverpool's style of play, which straight away gets a thumbs up from me. I think Woodgate will play better football than Pulis. Still wish Jokanovic was getting it tho. 

Hi everyone. Long time follower but first time posting. I am really surprised some of you are keen on  Woodgate as manager - it's got easy option written all over it, a little like when Karanka was sacked and Agnew was appointed. I would be massively underwhelmed if he was given the job after all this time they have had to look for someone to take the club in a direction away from how Pulis has things set up.

• Like 3
Just now, Whoppy said:

Hi everyone. Long time follower but first time posting. I am really surprised some of you are keen on  Woodgate as manager - it's got easy option written all over it, a little like when Karanka was sacked and Agnew was appointed. I would be massively underwhelmed if he was given the job after all this time they have had to look for someone to take the club in a direction away from how Pulis has things set up.

Welcome Whoppy! I don't think many are keen for Woody, more that people are willing to give him a chance if he is given it, there are a few plus points to his appointment.

Just because I support the club doesn't mean I have to happily clap every decision ever made. Im seriously struggling to get behind this appointment. Just stinks of pure jobs for the boys. If he didn't have a Teesside accent he wouldn't be anywhere near the role and for good reason. Cheap, unambitious, and parochial. If we've truly been inundated with applicant's, and woody is the only decent applicant out of them then that says way way more about the club and it's ambitions. We've dragged this entire search out just to fall back on an uninspiring cheap appointment. The fans will struggle to get behind this, unless they are of blind support. A Genuinely poor decision from Gibson. 

• Like 1
Just now, Foogle said:

Welcome Whoppy! I don't think many are keen for Woody, more that people are willing to give him a chance if he is given it, there are a few plus points to his appointment.

Thanks for the welcome! I read the forum every day so I feel I know most of you already haha

• Thanks 1