oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

16 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Forgive me, Lurker - I like you as a poster but - no. Some people have very good reason to not like Jonathan Woodgate, and that's not going to change just because he may be appointment Boro manager.

There's more important things than football to some people. And someone on a football forum saying 'stop being negative' isn't going to skew my moral compass I'm afraid.

Fair enough. It’s each to their own.

However, I think it’s best to back what we have.

you can only *** with the cock you’ve got 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I'd like to see Woodgate given a chance... If someone gave Joey Barton a job then I have no problem with JW having a crack.

As has been discussed to death, there is no unified candidate that wouldn't cause ripples in the fan base be it for financial detriment to the club or from a moral standpoint.

PULISEXIT means PULISEXIT! ?

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I’m not sure whether you mean *** or ***, either way it’s a good motto. 

Regardless of who we appoint, the task and difficulty is the going to be same. Looking at the accounts for the past few seasons, hearing the noises coming out of the club and the rumours of player wages, it is clear we need to cut back financially. Anyone coming in as manager is going to have that task to do.

We have too many average players on very good money. Our recruitment has been poor for the past few windows and that has unfortunately left us with a large, horribly unbalanced and ultimately expensive squad.

Is Woodgate the best option as manager given the circumstances, realistically nobody knows. We can look at his past experiences and judge him on that, but until the competitive games start no-one can say for certain. Same for Jokanovic, he has bags of experience and has 2 promotions on his CV, but can he manage a team that will be looking to cutback on wages and lower the average age, again until it happens nobody knows.

We as a fanbase have every right to question and critique every decision, but annoyingly we have a habit of writting managers and players off before a ball has been kicked. (Myself sometimes included). Let's give whoever gets the job a fair crack, and when it goes t*ts up (or not) let's criticise or praise the decisions then.

UTB!!!

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I’m not sure whether you mean *** or ***, either way it’s a good motto. 

Wee, 4 letters. Starts with P ends with S 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Teacider said:

No, which managers are available and willing to come to us for nowhere near the money of Jokanovic but are better than Woodgate?

Is this a serious question? absolutely loads.

Off the top of my head Pearson, Rowett, Coleman, Sherwood, Heckingbottam - I spent 5 seconds thinking of that. None of which I want but meet all your criteria.

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Off the top of my head Pearson, Rowett, Coleman, Sherwood, Heckingbottam - I spent 5 seconds thinking of that. None of which I want but meet all your criteria.

How do you know any of them are better than woodgate? For a start all 5 have failed absolutely miserably in this last job at this level (Sherwood a level above). At least woodgate doesnt have that over his head.

I dont particularly want woodgate but hes miles higher in my estimation than that lot 

6 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

I wouldn't have any of them instead of Woodgate to be honest.  Absolute bang average. A case could be made for Pearson but he's an absolute nutcase.

34 minutes ago, Lurker said:

What about women?  Your ITK info is getting worse mate.

3 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

You may have more info but I was told all players available at a price... woody gets 50% of sales to reinvest but the wage bill has to be reduced and a small backroom team.

Sounds fairly sensible to me given the current situation.

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

How do you know any of them are better than woodgate? For a start all 5 have failed absolutely miserably in this last job at this level (Sherwood a level above). At least woodgate doesnt have that over his head.

I dont particularly want woodgate but hes miles higher in my estimation than that lot 

Yeah the only candidate I would have ahead of Woodgate from the names available is the other one we've already interviewed, Jokanovic. No point getting any of those names as we would only be looking for a new manager next summer again. 

11 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Haha, now I know you're just having a laugh. Check that list out again. A bunch of failures the lot of them apart from a few good seasons from Pearson a long time ago. Surprised you didn't mention Moyes.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Better get some good Woodgate chants going. Karnaka era had the best chants and songs. 

I’d give it a week before some good woodgate chants come out. Probably ‘we want woodgate out’ and ‘Jonathan Woodgate your football is ****’

• Haha 1