oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

4 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

This is a struggle. Please ensure you read my posts properly - I actually say I want none of them. I was replying to a comment asking for people cheaper than Jokanovic who are gettable.

Question was who are cheaper that jok and better than woodgate.

I would argue you cant say any of them are necessarily better than woodgate.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

They, as in the people who post them, don't count them as rumours though do they?  And if other people question them then there is a minor kerfluffle about it, which wouldn't be the case if we were all to simply take them as rumours.  You might take them as rumours but they don't post them as rumours.  What I've never really understood is why people can go back and forth all the time on here on a variety of topics but then when some info gets posted we all have to tip toe carefully around it for fear of upsetting those that posted it?  I'd like to think I post the same way to everyone, good or bad (let's just be honest and say great) and the ITK people are no different in my book.

I certainly don't see all of the ITK posters posting as if they're not rumours all the time. Often said is 'what I've been told', it may be factual that they've been told something but it doesn't make their statement a factual belief.

I've found that the fighting is more often than not started by the people questioning them, too. Which is why I even said anything about it at all, if it was just people coming on here spewing information and telling people to sod off if they don't believe it then I'd not have a problem. But that's not the case at all. And keep giving people pelters for that and they're bound to give them back eventually. Now it's just the norm for this to cause a problem for certain people. And then when they come back, they are bound to be on the defensive.

I don't think anyone tip-toes around anyone for anything on here, and were it for something factual, genuine and in the public eye, you couldn't really argue with someone throwing in hell for leather. What I don't get is how people can get so wound up by rumours, like I said, I still haven't figured out why people believe them to be anything other than that given these statements come from people you quite literally don't know.

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

But we've tried to use the past successes to predict the future with our last 2 appointments and it hasn't worked out, nothing in football is certain. It's pretty evident that as a club we're going backwards at least in a financial sense any appointment or transfer from here is a gamble.

With Woody and a more sensible transfer approach the stakes are lower in case of failure, than say if we stumped up for Jokanovic and all his backroom staff with the expensive signings that come with it we could end up in a dire state in 3 years. It's depressing that we might be cutting our cloth and accepting a lower standard, but - as others have alluded to - it might be our new reality.

It doesn't have to be one or the other! I'm not arguing for Jokanovic or spending lots of money. 

If we are truly skint then why not look overseas at a manager, DOF or scouting team? This surely opens more avenues to us. 

Appointing Woodgate, relying on the academy and having a load of Teessiders in jobs behind the scenes will limit us. 

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

They, as in the people who post them, don't count them as rumours though do they?  And if other people question them then there is a minor kerfluffle about it, which wouldn't be the case if we were all to simply take them as rumours.  You might take them as rumours but they don't post them as rumours.  What I've never really understood is why people can go back and forth all the time on here on a variety of topics but then when some info gets posted we all have to tip toe carefully around it for fear of upsetting those that posted it?  I'd like to think I post the same way to everyone, good or bad (let's just be honest and say great) and the ITK people are no different in my book.

Couldn’t care less if someone questions me. I just pass on what I’m told. Like every other fan we all just want to know what’s going on.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Simply put, he's allegedly done the same thing to every manager we've had, he's clearly saying all the right things to Gibson. He won't have the guts to stand up to Gibson and ask for extra players, hell just accept the crumbs he's given so as not to upset the apple cart. All hell do is sit and blindly nod. He only criticised Pulis because he knows he was in poll positions for the job. 

That’s an awful lot of assumptions about a guy you don’t know. The fact that he contributed to getting Pulis out is a huge plus in my book. 

6 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That’s an awful lot of assumptions about a guy you don’t know. The fact that he contributed to getting Pulis out is a huge plus in my book. 

And that's what worries me about our fans, that were so willing to see anyone in a Job because there dislike of Pulis was so great... 

Do you genuinely see him standing up to Gibson over budgets, wanting players etc? I just see him tickling Gibson's stomach and letting him do whatever. 

Let be honest as well, he won't want to upset the boss in his first Job, he'd be out as soon as he starts.

8 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That's not a 'fact' though. That's just another thing that someone else on here has said that may or may not have any truth in it.

What exactly would he have done to 'contribute'? Go to Gibson and say "we didn't make the playoffs, the fans are all booing and the football is gash"? I think Gibson could probably see that with or without Woodgate.

4 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

And that's what worries me about our fans, that were so willing to see anyone in a Job because there dislike of Pulis was so great... 

Do you genuinely see him standing up to Gibson over budgets, wanting players etc? I just see him tickling Gibson's stomach and letting him do whatever. 

Let be honest as well, he won't want to upset the boss in his first Job, he'd be out as soon as he starts.

It depends what Woodgate is hired as.

If he is hired as a Manager then I have no doubt he will go in demanding money to spend.

If he is hired as a head coach then all Woodgate can do is request a player for a position.

But all this would of been agreed before he gets the job.

2 minutes ago, Cormick said:

It depends what Woodgate is hired as.

If he is hired as a Manager then I have no doubt he will go in demanding money to spend.

If he is hired as a head coach then all Woodgate can do is request a player for a position.

But all this would of been agreed before he gets the job.

I'd hope so, given the way things have been going recently however...

Well if it's Woodgate he's not in the country (he's at a wedding somehwere according to his insta) and Gibson/Bausor have been away too so I wouldn't expect an announcement until next week at the earliest.

31 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

@Lurker do you think it will be next week that the new manager is announced?  Is your source pretty reliable in thinking that it is Woody?  Surely someone on here knows him..  Just ask him

Tuesday 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Well if it's Woodgate he's not in the country (he's at a wedding somehwere according to his insta) and Gibson/Bausor have been away too so I wouldn't expect an announcement until next week at the earliest.

Probably need time to arrange for extra staff to process all of the season ticket refunds ?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Probably need time to arrange for extra staff to process all of the season ticket refunds ?

Nah, they're just tying up Downing's Assistant Manager contract before they make an announcement.