oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

No I don't. And if he is a big character/leader/has footballing morals then he should have walked away as mentioned. 

If my head of department was imposing policies that I completely disagreed with I'd air my concerns and if nothing changed/I was completely ignored then I'd be looking for another job. 

Do they have department heads at a Maccy D drive thru? ?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tudders80 said:

No I don't. And if he is a big character/leader/has footballing morals then he should have walked away as mentioned. 

If my head of department was imposing policies that I completely disagreed with I'd air my concerns and if nothing changed/I was completely ignored then I'd be looking for another job. 

So in your world if you're not happy with how your boss is doing things you walk away from a job and stop supporting your family and hope that something else comes along that is absolutely perfectly suited to you? I'd love to live in your world! Maybe all the players who dont like hoofball should have just torn up their contracts too. 

5 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

And isnt this exactly what higgy did when he didnt agree with karanka? His career has ended up well hasnt it..

Woodgate likely knew that pulis was going at the end of the season and that there would be a position opening. Why would he throw that chance away for a couple of months on the dole?

2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

So in your world if you're not happy with how your boss is doing things you walk away from a job and stop supporting your family and hope that something else comes along that is absolutely perfectly suited to you? I'd love to live in your world! Maybe all the players who dont like hoofball should have just torn up their contracts too. 

Read my post. I said I'd be looking for another job. The main difference being our bank accounts. I'm pretty sure woodgate could walk away without the same issues I would have. I'm pretty sure people said he is well liked at Liverpool scouting. He could have at least put feelers out to see if there was availability elsewhere. And no, I don't know that he didn't. But he certainly seems to have been happy to sit in his position not moaning until the writing was on the wall. 

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

And isnt this exactly what higgy did when he didnt agree with karanka? His career has ended up well hasnt it..

Woodgate likely knew that pulis was going at the end of the season and that there would be a position opening. Why would he throw that chance away for a couple of months on the dole?

Karanka completely lost the dressing room, and ultimately his job, for giving hignett a huge dressing down in front of the whole 1st team squad. Hignett was loved by the players. 

11 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

What if you knew that you were the next in line to take over in 6 months time?

Just now, Tudders80 said:

Karanka completely lost the dressing room, and ultimately his job, for giving hignett a huge dressing down in front of the whole 1st team squad. Hignett was loved by the players. 

I'm not sure what your point is here?

Out of interest, Scott Parker went from coach to manager. 

Hes won 3 games out of 10 (albeit in the Premier League) . 

I'm not too sure how Fulham fans felt about his appointment but it's a club legend stepping up. Their chairman said he is up to the task and the club have become better for it. 

Whilst I dont agree with Woodgate due to his lack of experience, I think I'm more disheartened because it signifies a cost cutting approach for a few seasons.

I thought the whole point of Pulis was to trim the wage bill, and sort out stuff behind the scenes to make us financially secure. 

If this is not the case the  you have to question just why he was appointed. For the great football? Please. 

I just assumed that when Pulis left it would be the green light to go and have another crack at promotion. Yes, I know it's expensive, but why on earth did we shift out players like Gibson, Traore and Bamford if not to reinvest? 

Probably a simplistic view on the finance points, but after watching Pulis wall for 2 years I just dont want to loose more buzz over Boro hoping that wWoodgate will come good. 

I can just imagine losing 2-1 at home and the Gazette pumping out how Woodgate is still learning the ropes and every game is an opportunity. 

If he gets it, I will back him 100%. I just dont want to be at the start of the journey with him in charge.

4 minutes ago, LukeR said:

What if you knew that you were the next in line to take over in 6 months time?

If this is the case then the club has completely tried to pull the wool over the fans eyes. 

And if he did know this then Gibson knew that he was releasing pulis. Pretty sure this wasn't the case. There was a chance but it was anything but certain. 

5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm not sure what your point is here?

If I had been given a huge dressing down by someone in front of people I was supposed to be above then I would have left too. Hignett took a stance. Had the courage of his convictions. Yes his career hasn't gone on the up and up but he was never karankas right hand man. He was strikers coach. He has gone on to manage a team. 

Woodgate clearly didn't have the same courage of his convictions/morals. He has simply sat, waited, and accepted that the fans are going to served up *** but didn't care because he thought he had a chance being next in line. 

Cares for the club? Certainly doesn't seem to care for the fans. 

58 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Just out of interest, what has Woodgate ever done to suggest he’s a yes man? 

The fact that he's said everything Gibson wants to hear, the whole slagging off every manager he's ever worked under. Just doesn't feel right, and I honestly don't see him being someone who'll stand up for what he believes in, rather just tow the party line and Nout much else 

1 hour ago, Tudders80 said:

Wow. That’s incredibly easy for you to say when it’s not concerning you. Maybe he loves working at boro. Loves the players, the academy and working at his boyhood club. Why throw that away when there was a good chance Pulis would be gone. Why not stay and work towards the changes you believe need to happen. Maybe he made a deal with himself that he’d give until summer and see if Pulis stayed. 

20 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

So....what are the chances that Woodgate isn't appointed?

Someone give me hope.

Kenyon doing interviews

hasnt been announced yet

guy gave decent ITK info that jokanovic hold up wasn’t money but him deciding wether he wanted to take the job on.

Same info said Jokanovic doesn’t want a DoF, the woodgate rumour so far has been woodgate and a DoF. Another poster posted info saying we are no longer looking for a DoF.

Purely me putting 2 and 2 together based on nothing but that, jokanovic is our choice and we’re waiting on his decision.

Have also had a sneaky suspicion that Jokanovic has turned us down and that’s when this Simao came onto the scene.

My gut feeling tells me woodgate is most likely U23 manager unless we reach the last resort and he will be first team manager.

Also slightly left field but I did wonder with his background as a European scout wether woodgate himself could be the DoF?