• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I would have thought a lot of the candidates for the Job would be on holiday,If that were the case would you like to find out on Sky sport news that you have/have not got the job,Maybe SG would like to tell them personally,Its just a thought

They might be on holiday but I imagine they've still got their phones handy.

5 minutes ago, chipchat said:

They might be on holiday but I imagine they've still got their phones handy.

Ive NEVER had a job where I was told I had/Had not got a job,on the phone Apart from Father-in-law an that shotgun

36 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

This DoF stuff's interesting since it seems Gibson's been our defacto Dof for years especially the past 2 seasons.

How the argument internally about hpw we found ourselves where we're at hasn't been traced to Gibson's decision in the summer of 2017 to decree that no more shall we sign foreign players like Fischer/De Roon/Bernardo but from now on we will pay the money clubs domestically want for their proven British players and happily pay their wage demands because Spanish cliques, Orta bad guy and we need a British spine like Burnley to get promoted it's the only way.

All the unshiftable investments we have in our squad have stemmed from his decision to do that and both Monk and Pulis operated under that remit it seems from early transfer rumours that maybe there's a reverse in policy but it's hard to tell without a manager and/or DoF in place. Say what you want about Karanka era recruitment I'm pretty sure we made a profit or recouped every penny on most of his signings it's only the past couple of years of policy that has led us to this supposedly penniless cliff we find ourselves on the edge of.

Think that turned before then even, it was the guerdiora, bamford and gestede signings that turned the tide.

14 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Ive NEVER had a job where I was told I had/Had not got a job,on the phone Apart from Father-in-law an that shotgun

Most teachers are told they have the job over the phone. I have had 3 jobs confirmed over the phone. Can't see it being an issue tbh. 

18 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Really? I’m not sure I’ve ever got a job other than by phone. 

Fair enough if he was just sat in nunthorpe and got a phone call saying he didn’t get it. But if he’s out of the country on a holiday he can’t expect the whole club to be on hold just so he can be told face to face.

Either way I’ve just accepted it now, it’s gonna be woodgate, think it’s dragged on to long for it to be anyone else apart from maybe Phil Neville, even he wouldn’t be that exciting of an appointment.

The difference is if you have respect for someone you tell them face to face, if it's someone you hardly know, or don't give a crap about they are just another statistic then you tell them by phone/letter.

I'm pretty sure if the players know, then the man himself knows. The only reason it would be waiting for him to come back is for the social media and website output, press conference being lined up, all that jazz. It doesn't matter whether it's good or bad these days, people want their big news to look as snazzy as possible.

• Like 1

At the start of this search, local media said the club were keen on the Dutch style, so I can see this new philosophy linking to that. Is there any chance whatsoever we have a young Dutch coach wanting to bring this approach to Boro and Woodgate getting the U23s to develop that side or am I clutching at straws?! 

We’ve tried changes in style and philosophy before. Monk came in talking about new attacking football, young, quick players. He ripped up his template after a poor pre season. Reasonably experienced young coach couldn’t get the players out of the AK style. How on earth do we expect Woodgate to do it? Monk was 50/50 with the fans at the start, Woodgate is about 75/25 against. We could be in for a bumpy ride. 

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

At the start of this search, local media said the club were keen on the Dutch style, so I can see this new philosophy linking to that. Is there any chance whatsoever we have a young Dutch coach wanting to bring this approach to Boro and Woodgate getting the U23s to develop that side or am I clutching at straws?!

Annoyingly, Reiziger would've been the perfect Head Coach for this new style and set-up. And probably wouldn't have been much more expensive than Woody.

He's not one of the boy's club though, sadly.