oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

2 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I was mate... now il add some meat to the bone... so we have been consulting with him on how best to develop our academy players to finished article or so I am told.

Is he still at Ajax? Do you think he might get involved here?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Re. @Steve_Crossman tweet as much as I would like it to be true I will only believe it once I see it. There’s been numerous times in recent years where this club have said they are going to do something one way only to brush it under the carpet for one reason or another. 

• Like 1

Takes absolutely ages to do stuff like Ajax have. Been doing it for decades. Can't just do it in a few seasons, and Boro fans won't have the patience for this (and thats if you have the right guys in charge that can deploy the philosophy). 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, estonpidge said:

Thought Monk got the boot because he spent £50m didn't address our issues and hadn't a clue what his best eleven was.

Didn't he headbut Ben Gibson when he blamed him for the Goal we conceded just before Half time, we went on to win 2-1 or was that someone having a laugh on here?

10 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Didn't he headbut Ben Gibson when he blamed him for the Goal we conceded just before Half time, we went on to win 2-1 or was that someone having a laugh on here?

hahaha what?! Against Sheff Wed december 2017? I've never heard this, funny if it's true

Following the Ajax model takes a huge amount of resources from the youth groups to make it to full fruition 20 years down the line. 

It's a sexy and attractive pull, where in reality it's just going to be a way of dressing up a period of cost cutting. 

It's cheaper to avoid relegation with Woodgate than to have a squad overhaul with Jokanovic like he wanted to have. 

I'm surprised we didnt have something like this going on already. But now what worries me is that we're going to have who's opinion to base this value print on?

Who's attacking, defending and transitional principles are we going to adopt? Or are we making or own? Are the current group of coaches down to youth level all on board? Or capable? 

Hopefully our recruitment in the football director if we go down that route is going to be the most important one we've made for a while. 

Also, didnt Karanka adopt a similar method to his training when he was here?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I wonder if Heine Otto fancies being a technical director....

I'm going to go full Denzel Zanzibar on you and point out that I posted something along these lines a page before, and If it happens then I'm in the know, completely. It wasn't a guess, or a hope, it was my source. But I can't let you know he told me because he signed a NDA ??

• Haha 2
26 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Also, didnt Karanka adopt a similar method to his training when he was here?

I remember reading that was the case but I only remember Gibson really coming through.

38 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

cheaper to avoid relegation with Woodgate than to have a squad overhaul with Jokanovic like he wanted to have. 

could we realistically have a full squad overhaul whilst losing parachutes and pass ffp?

19 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

I'm going to go full Denzel Zanzibar on you and point out that I posted something along these lines a page before, and If it happens then I'm in the know, completely. It wasn't a guess, or a hope, it was my source. But I can't let you know he told me because he signed a NDA ??

That made me lol to the point where my missus asked what was so funny

Well I have truly enjoyed the past 3-4 weeks of not knowing what the hell has been going on, we have had people arguing about being more knowledgeable than others when it comes to who they know, we have had full on melt downs about JW taking over and then we find ourselves here in the calm.  

Roll on tomorrow when we can all start debating and arguing in a new thread about........  The new gaffer!

See you on the otherside lads.  It's been emotional 

• Like 1

I know a few members of club staff were waiting for a meetings today and for decisions to be made. Today was when they would be given a response on various aspects on club activities from the powers that be.

I'd imagine that means people such as Gibson, Bausor and Bevington are around.

Not wholly connected with a manager appointment, but means the decision makers around working on things. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I wonder if Heine Otto fancies being a technical director....

I’d be happy enough with Woodgate as our manager as long as he has an experienced DoF to oversee things.