• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Lad at work this morning heard from someone inside the club that the new manager was Steve round and had £500 on at 25/1 (I saw his bet). Other lads at work probably had another £3k on between them all, was 8/1 by the time I heard about it so didn't bother. All that cash would explain the drop in odds but looks like there might be something in it now. 

23 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Of course they are, it's not even close.  People just need to find justification for Percovich being asked to come back over here and will come up with any old rubbish.  He's been asked because he has a prior relationship with us, which is also why Woodgate and it seems Round are also being considered for roles.  That obviously doesn't mean they won't be capable in those roles of course.

This seems to be the relatively important thing that people are losing sight of in the whole 'jobs for the boys' thing. Said before, I understand and also feel some scepticism myself of the rumoured team. Throwing them in front of a bus before they've had chance to do anything in these roles is on another level, though.

• Like 1
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

This seems to be the relatively important thing that people are losing sight of in the whole 'jobs for the boys' thing. Said before, I understand and also feel some scepticism myself of the rumoured team. Throwing them in front of a bus before they've had chance to do anything in these roles is on another level, though.

Indeed, they could all be brilliant.  However, I don't believe they are being offered jobs (if they are) because they are the best candidates available.  I do think that the prior relationships are perhaps a deciding factor and I'd say people would have some justified concerns with that.

4 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

I'm just bored of waiting, honestly. I want to get the manager announced so I can start looking forward to the season again. I just hate being in no-man's land. 

Yeah it does seem to have taken longer than we might have expected.

16 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

In simple terms you’d call it taking the easy option, also it’s all a bit unimaginative.

Not really.

If you got asked at work to put a team together to work on a project. Would you make it up of people you have never worked with before?