oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Didn't he get sacked by Villa before this past season and then they got promoted?

Not really sure why there's so much good opinion of him? Can anyone shed light on this. Doesn't seem to much praise since leaving Boro... A bit maybe with Everton/it's but tarnished by Moyes stint there...

Not being negative just don't know much about him since...

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Didn't he get sacked by Villa before this past season and then they got promoted?

Hes not the manager. He built the back bone of that team that got to playoffs, and ultimately went up this season. Wouldn't say he did too badly. Certainly better than the crap we have had here since AK

In terms of experience, I think Round would be a good appointment. However, is he the enthusiast of the positive, attacking football we all want to see? Given the clubs and the time periods he’s worked in I’m not so sure. He worked as DoF at Villa when Bruce was there when their football left a lot to be desired. He worked under Big Sam and Newcastle and we are all aware of his style of play. And he worked under Moyes at Everton and United when, again, I wouldn’t have called the football of those teams positive during those periods. 

Very hard to know how much influence Round would have had over the style of play in those setups though. Hopefully, if he is appointed, he can use his links to get us some players. 

5 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Yes KM. This is my thinking too. And if it is the case I do not mind having that level of continuity given people are performing in their respective roles.

Absolutely.

I’m surprised Steve McClaren hasn’t been linked yet.

DoF: McClaren

Head Coach: Woodgate

Assistant: Steve Round

GK Coach: Leo

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Armster said:

Not really sure why there's so much good opinion of him? Can anyone shed light on this. Doesn't seem to much praise since leaving Boro... A bit maybe with Everton/it's but tarnished by Moyes stint there...

Not being negative just don't know much about him since...

Me neither.  His time at Villa doesn't appear to have been a roaring success as he left within 2 years of being appointed.  Assuming he was in control of transfers, and I just read an article that suggested he was, then he did manage to persuade us to pay £6m for Gestede, which is a work of bloody genius.  Some of his signings are interesting mind, some fairly old and expensive (wages) players in there including John Terry, Chris Samba, Glenn Whelan and Ahmed Elmohamady all in one transfer window ?

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Hes not the manager. He built the back bone of that team that got to playoffs, and ultimately went up this season. 

Did he?  It looks like the bulk of the squad that went up had little to do with him.  Only a few of the players they signed under him appear to be regulars and some of those are 20 odd games rather than 40 odd.  Hourihane was a canny signing for them mind but it seems like many of the regulars were either signed before him or after him.

4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

He was a player that used to play for us mate.

He was and still is ONE of the best players I've seen at the riverside...And I would love to See Bryan Robson back too

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Did he?  It looks like the bulk of the squad that went up had little to do with him.  Only a few of the players they signed under him appear to be regulars and some of those are 20 odd games rather than 40 odd.  Hourihane was a canny signing for them mind but it seems like many of the regulars were either signed before him or after him.

Steer, Taylor, Adomah, Tuanzebe, Hourihane, Kodjia, Jedinak, Whelan, Elmohamedy . Not bad recruiting tbh for this seasons team. Not to mention Terry and Johnstone that he brought in. Brought in some really good players that didnt cut it at villa but went on to do really well when they left. Granted its not at Villa but he knows his stuff imo. 

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Anyone know if Viv Anderson and Bill Beswick are in with a shout of being part of the new coaching team?

HEY now your talking my language