oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

32 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Absolutely.

I’m surprised Steve McClaren hasn’t been linked yet.

DoF: McClaren

Head Coach: Woodgate

Assistant: Steve Round

GK Coach: Leo

I actually feel Round is more suited to role of Assistant than Leo.

And if it was not for fact McClaren had such a strong history with the club i think he would be a great acquisition to the coaching team. His management has rightly been questioned over recent years but many people high up in game have always said he a top class coach. Tho i feel any new manager might be uneasy having McClaren around given his links and previous success with the club.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

None of them are what you’d class as bargain buys/unearthed gems though. They’d have all been on decent wages and taken a decent wedge to buy. Hourihane was £5m. 

Could he identify the players out of league 1,2 and youth teams?

1 minute ago, Barnaby said:

HEY now your talking my language

Haha just pluck one member from each regime in last 20 yrs and create a "super team" of ex backroom staff.

• Thanks 1

If we are appointing a director of football wouldn't it be a good idea if we let him pick the new manager? 

Or are we assuming the new director of football has chosen Woodgate? 

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Steer, Taylor, Adomah, Tuanzebe, Hourihane, Kodjia, Jedinak, Whelan, Elmohamedy . Not bad recruiting tbh for this seasons team. Not to mention Terry and Johnstone that he brought in. Brought in some really good players that didnt cut it at villa but went on to do really well when they left. Granted its not at Villa but he knows his stuff imo. 

I think Adomah went there before Round arrived same with Steer and Kodjia?  I have a different opinion on some of those players mate.  That's a lot of money on wages for one thing but someone like Jedinak didn't play much.  Terry didn't play this season and I'm not sure you'd need to know your stuff to sign someone of his calibre anyway?   Whelan isn't that good but he's just not a player I like to be fair although again I bet he's on decent money.  I certainly wouldn't criticise all of his signings but the core of that promoted team appear to be players he didn't sign - Abraham, Chester, Mings, Hutton, Grealish, El Ghazi, Nyland, Steer.  It just feels like he spent a lot of money with a questionable return to me.

• Like 1