oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Well, Woodgate wouldn't have been my first, second or even tenth choice but time to get behind him and hope he knows what he's doing.

At least it isn't Pulis. 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'm going to set fire to a Boro shirt and then post it on Twitter to show off just how angry I am about all of this ???

Too late. The standard has already been set by the guy who cut up his season ticket

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Like I said mate I think some people will disagree with it being bold and it's not strictly speaking a new philosophy as it's something we've done before.  Hopefully this time it will be with better organisation and a bit more success.

We havent really done it before. Context is everything here. When we appointed southgate he hadnt got any badges, hadnt any coaching experience, we were an established premier league team just coming off a European final. We had huge pull then. So the decision to appoint such a rookie then was a much bigger stretch than it is now. 

Not saying that I agree with it, and its certainly the cheap option (again), but I also do think that it's a bold move. There were safer options out there.

Some doubt was cast over whether Woody would have any pulling power but Robbie Keane is a coup in itself so it’s a promising start. Imagine he will have some contacts at Liverpool and Spurs in order for us to bring some of their youth players on loan. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:
22 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Think of all the nonsense that we can expect on the transfer thread now that this is all sorted out ?

everyone down tools and head there now hahaha

I'm surprised a "concise manager thread" hasn't popped up for this one!

• Like 2
Just now, "KM" said:

Some doubt was cast over whether Woody would have any pulling power but Robbie Keane is a coup in itself so it’s a promising start. Imagine he will have some contacts at Liverpool and Spurs in order for us to bring some of their youth players on loan. 

Hell also be able to have a hand in keeping Randolph onside incase hes thinking about leaving. 

At the end of the day we may not get the best manager in the world and the best back room staff but what really matters is that we get behind who ever it is because that’s what we do in the long run, as long they have passion for the club and not just treat it as a stepping stone to better things then they will get my full support, managers need to dispel that results is that all that matters, we need to be entertained, Gidson has bankrolled one of the best squads in the championship they just need to work out how to play on the front foot, If it is Woodgate then hopefully the one of our own will rub off UTB 

It’s not so much that it’s Woodgate. As I said earlier, who knows how he’ll do. It’s more to do with what it signifies...

- A disregard for the fans... the majority of fans didn’t want him and Gibson goes and appoints him anyway. Just shows that he doesn’t care what we think. 

- the whole farce with Jokanovic. Let’s face it, yet again, the club trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans “pretending” they’ve tried to get the best when realistically it was never going to happen. They try to do this every transfer window too. A bit condescending. 

- shows that Gibson hasn’t learnt from past mistakes. Very similar to the Southgate appointment which blew up terribly. Hopefully this one will turn out better but if it doesn’t massive questions need to be asked of Gibson. 

- it is not a new start. After the last year and a half I wanted a complete change. Yes, there are rumours that woodgate didn’t agree with Pulis’ philosophy’s but there is no evidence to suggest anything other than that he was happy working under Pulis. 

I just was hoping, that after the torture of the last year, we’d have an appointment to get excited by which I’m really struggling to do with this news. 

Saying all all of that, I suppose now is the time to get behind him and give him a chance. So c’mon Woody, prove me wrong!

Edited by J.T.

I don't know. Will get behind the gig and cheer the lads on, but I've just got worries of Agnew and Southgate running through my mind again. 

Everyone here just wants the best for the club, and im sorry guys but I can only see this going wrong, and I'm desperately desperately hoping to be proven wrong. 

The coaching set up seems okay I must say, nice to get some people in who seem to know what they're saying.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

It’s not so much that it’s Woodgate. As I said earlier, who knows how he’ll do. It’s more to do with what it signifies...

- A disregard for the fans... the majority of fans didn’t want him and Gibson goes and appoints him anyone. Just shows that he doesn’t care what we think. 

- the whole farce with Jokanovic. Let’s face it, yet again, the club trying to pull the wool over the eyes of the fans “pretending” they’ve tried to get the best when realistically it was never going to happen. They try to do this every transfer window too. A bit condescending. 

- shows that Gibson hasn’t learnt from past mistakes. Very similar to the Southgate appointment which blew up terribly. Hopefully this one will turn out better but if it doesn’t massive questions need to be asked of Gibson. 

- it is not a new start. After the last year and a half I wouldn’t a complete change. Yes, there are rumours that woodgate didn’t agree with Pulis’ philosophy’s but there is no evidence to suggest anything other than that he was happy working under Pulis. 

I just was hoping, that after the torture of the last year, we’d have an appointment to get excited by which I’m really struggling to do with this news. 

Saying all all of that, I suppose now is the time to get behind him and give him a chance. So c’mon Woody, prove me wrong!

Well that's the extreme negative view covered. Thanks

• Haha 1