oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

3 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Come on, it's a bit of fun. I was right in the end, my source was legit, Happy days. Well, not for the people who didn't want Woodgate but, y'know. 

Hold on fella. You claimed pulis (wrong), then you claimed the odds on favourite and do a song and dance about being right when you pushed and pushed about a DOF that would be Bebington or grayson. Neither appear to have been mentioned for that role never mind appointed. In fact, it's been mooted that we won't be having a DoF. Your "source" got 1 out of 3 and that was odds on. 

Let's see if one of the itk guys does a song and dance about being right if we don't hire a DoF. My guess would be they won't. 

In other news I had a winner in a horse race yesterday. Odds of 2/1. The bookies are now leaning on me to find out how I knew beforehand ?

Only a bit of fun mind. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Fair play to Gibson, regardless of what people say he clearly understands the fans very well.  For months we've had some people on here saying how bad it would be if it's Woodgate, Gibson doing it on the cheap, all the other links are smokescreens etc and then the minute he's announced it's suddenly a great appointment and they're excited by it ?  He's not out of touch at all, he just knows how daft so many football fans are when it comes down to it.  Well played Steve! ?

4 hours ago, "KM" said:
What a day for it; absolutely lashing it down in Boro!! ?

Aye, Shakespeare would be having a field day.  He'd use this as a portent of the stormy futures of the main characters, in this case it would be Woodgate.  Finding out he's the manager on a day like today is a bad sign! ?

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Fair play to Gibson, regardless of what people say he clearly understands the fans very well.  For months we've had some people on here saying how bad it would be if it's Woodgate, Gibson doing it on the cheap, all the other links are smokescreens etc and then the minute he's announced it's suddenly a great appointment and they're excited by it ?  He's not out of touch at all, he just knows how daft so many football fans are when it comes down to it.  Well played Steve! ?

I think some are just playing the hand they're dealt and liking it as opposed to lumping it, but this is a pretty good point.

• Like 1

Indeed, not sure who has changed tune that much. I think it's just a better atmosphere in general when you know what you're dealing with rather than being sat in the dark forever.

4 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Jenkins as well!? Jesus... It's like we're stuck in a Time Warp...

200.gif

Well we've tried to sign players we've previously gotten rid of so hiring staff we've previously sacked seems like a logical extension to that, at least at this club.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Absolutely and Gibson knows this only too well.

I guess the point you're making is that some were saying if Woody was announced then he'd have a huge problem on his hands with fans? I think that will take time if it's going to happen, I don't think it's simply as soon as he's been appointed, if it goes to hell as some expect then I wonder who will take the blame; Woodgate or Gibson.

I think what will be interesting sooner is to see who picks up their season ticket again after this announcement. I can see one or two on here who probably won't, I imagine you won't be going this year? That could be the start, especially when so many refused to renew on the basis of it being Pulis. Following it up with Woody with a similar response may send a clearer message about how people feel right now.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I guess the point you're making is that some were saying if Woody was announced then he'd have a huge problem on his hands with fans? I think that will take time if it's going to happen, I don't think it's simply as soon as he's been appointed, if it goes to hell as some expect then I wonder who will take the blame; Woodgate or Gibson.

I think what will be interesting sooner is to see who picks up their season ticket again after this announcement. I can see one or two on here who probably won't, I imagine you won't be going this year? That could be the start, especially when so many refused to renew on the basis of it being Pulis. Following it up with Woody with a similar response may send a clearer message about how people feel right now.

No, the point I'm making is the point I've made.  Some people absolutely didn't want Woodgate and are now saying it's a good appointment.  I think Gibson knows perfectly well how fans react to things and in some respects he's played a blinder here.  All credit to him.  I reckon if a month ago you'd told people that it would be Woodgate, Keane, Percovich and Round in one set up or another that the reaction would have been quite different especially with some of the names being mentioned.

Just now, Changing Times said:

No, the point I'm making is the point I've made.  Some people absolutely didn't want Woodgate and are now saying it's a good appointment.  I think Gibson knows perfectly well how fans react to things and in some respects he's played a blinder here.  All credit to him.  I reckon if a month ago you'd told people that it would be Woodgate, Keane, Percovich and Round in one set up or another that the reaction would have been quite different especially with some of the names being mentioned.

Who's changed their mind, like?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Have a read back through the forum if you have the time.  I'm sure you'll be able to spot a few ?

I'm not sure even many have said it's a good appointment at all. I see lots of people saying they'll give him a chance, a lot of people excited at a new era but cant think of anyone who has called it a good appointment, apart from maybe one or two who have always held that position.

• Like 1

Just a quick point about this ‘new way’ everyone is talking about. We have a head coach, assistant, and a couple other coaches. 

What exactly is ‘new’ about it? Maybe one of them is a DoF but that’s not even confirmed.