oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Maybe, but it probably shouldn't have with Leo. Dimi went from a 4th choice keeper, making up the numbers, to being one of the best keepers in the Championship, became a record-breaker too. Made some unbelievable stops for a keeper of his reputation during the promotion year. Leo is surely worthy of some plaudits there.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Haha true but now all the hope has gone and what’s done is done it doesn’t feel ‘as bad’ as I thought it would. I’m not exactly ‘elated’ or anything by it.

Yeah, that's the spirit! ?

I'll not be renewing. I'm not going to get on Woodgate's back as I was with pulis. However, I'm not excited by the appointment at all. The club need to win me back. They need to prove my doubts wrong. If not, I'll pick and choose the odd match from time to time. Shame because my little lad will soon be getting to the age where I would be taking him to the matches. 

I won't buy just to feel reconnected. I'll feel reconnected when the club starts giving back. We've had *** for 18months, crap soundbites, and a bloody price increase to top that off. We as fans are throwing more of our own hard earned money at the club (money that most of us can barely afford) with tickets, shirts etc while the club is making a huge net profit on transfers. 

Hiring a former favourite on the sidelines isn't going to cut it for me. Start winning games, play entertaining football, and invest as the fans do and it may pull me back. That's how the disconnect ends. 

• Like 2

The whole scenario is a shambles, all this time and yet we have gone with Woodgate, which looked like was always the case with all the back room staff going except him. All this time wasted, why did it take so long? Seems like a massive anti climax but saying all that I hope he does well

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tudders80 said:

I'll not be renewing. I'm not going to get on Woodgate's back as I was with pulis. However, I'm not excited by the appointment at all. The club need to win me back. They need to prove my doubts wrong. If not, I'll pick and choose the odd match from time to time. Shame because my little lad will soon be getting to the age where I would be taking him to the matches. 

I won't buy just to feel reconnected. I'll feel reconnected when the club starts giving back. We've had *** for 18months, crap soundbites, and a bloody price increase to top that off. We as fans are throwing more of our own hard earned money at the club (money that most of us can barely afford) with tickets, shirts etc while the club is making a huge net profit on transfers. 

Hiring a former favourite on the sidelines isn't going to cut it for me. Start winning games, play entertaining football, and invest as the fans do and it may pull me back. That's how the disconnect ends. 

So I presume no matter who they hired, you wouldn't go back until they're winning and in good style? Because no matter who they got, there's no guarantee of success.

No announcement today then? Think they are definitely trying to finalise Woody’s back room team so that they can announce everyone together. 

27 minutes ago, Somerset Boro said:

The whole scenario is a shambles, all this time and yet we have gone with Woodgate, which looked like was always the case with all the back room staff going except him. All this time wasted, why did it take so long? Seems like a massive anti climax but saying all that I hope he does well

Or maybe after interviewing all the candidates SG felt that JW was the best option to take our club forward?

So one of the more convincing arguments against Woodgates appointment I saw on here was that it may just be a continuation of the old regime and style.

I was wondering that, if the managment team does end up looking like this:

Round - DOF

Woodgate - Head coach

Keane - assistant manager 

Leo - GK coach

Rosenior - u23 coach

Would that satisfy you that a new approach was being adopted? Not fishung for an argument or anything, just curious.

Any new manager deserves a bit of time to get himself or herself sorted n settled in before they get judged to harshly by those who don’t like the style of play, purchases made or even having a name that no one can make a catchy chant to.

This unfortunately isn’t where we asa club or supporters are at at the moment, personally I think it needs as others have said at length and more eloquently than I could a full honest account of where we are as a club, not only in financial matters but how everyone works together, as you opinions of the scouting and recruitment we have done for a long time has left me wondering what our policies and practices are in these regards.

Since AK was appointed I’ve not enjoyed the style of football we played but that’s my view, I’ve tried not to boo the players or the coaches for what I’ve seen because for the players if they play as they have been told too then it not fair to them to boo, and the coaches are working to feed families and pay mortgage just like me and if they feel that style is best to get results working with what they have and what the club gives em or can afford then it not right to give em stick, all you can do is go and hope for the best, or not go feel gutted inside you not there. 

Now we look to be having a new manager who although not my first second or third choice, still serves a chance to show what they can do, hopefully it will be successful and entertaining so that it becomes a joy to be back watching the boro, but if not I’d like an honest reason to grumble and curse, rather than not having the full picture which is what I’ve felt we haven’t had in years

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

So one of the more convincing arguments against Woodgates appointment I saw on here was that it may just be a continuation of the old regime and style.

I was wondering that, if the managment team does end up looking like this:

Round - DOF

Woodgate - Head coach

Keane - assistant manager 

Leo - GK coach

Rosenior - u23 coach

Would that satisfy you that a new approach was being adopted? Not fishung for an argument or anything, just curious.

One of those definitely isn't happening now.