• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I’m looking forward to this especially after the chat I have just had... there is money to spend. Admittedly not a lot... lots of deadwood will be gone. Randolph happy to stay. I reckon our average age will be 22 next season

Any names of potential deadwood? Apart from Gestede and maybe Johnson I'm struggling to think of players you'd call that. Plenty of crap ones mind. 

5 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I’m looking forward to this especially after the chat I have just had... there is money to spend. Admittedly not a lot... lots of deadwood will be gone. Randolph happy to stay. I reckon our average age will be 22 next season

Randolph happy to stay ?

4 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Watched the interview. Slightly more optimistic. Said all the right things, and at least seems to be surrounding himself with people who offer guidance and not just yes men. 

Looking forward to us not being "boring Boro" anymore.  

Aww how were you able to watch it? ?

• Haha 1

I mean I'd have probably been excited if Robbie Keane had been linked and got the managers job, so having him on board - with Leo back too - has made me like the appointment a lot more!

My expectations are low for the season but I'm okay with that.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

any names, think Flint and Shotton could easily be replaced by Kids

Personally it’s been a very long time since I’ve thought a boro manager appointment has been someone who I’ve felt was both the equal of what our contemporaries were appointing and someone who could bring the success and bragging rights that my ego demanded of the boro.

im not saying the manager needed to be a Pep or Zidane either just someone who name would lift the club.

now today it’s Woodgate who has been appointed and yes it doesn’t make me feel that it’s the choice my ego would have made, but hey maybe looking back Jonathan Woodgates Red and White Army may leave me with the same feelings as when I see occasionally written. Brucie Rioch’s Red and White Army.

A time when yes he wasn’t the biggest name in management, but it was a name manager and chant that then as now many years later leaves me with so many good memories andfeelings that maybe just maybe we will have a team playing football that leaves it’s mark on a generation of fans and makes the future generations think, I wish I’d been there to see it, just like I do for Jack Charlton.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, estonpidge said:

any names, think Flint and Shotton could easily be replaced by Kids

if we can make our money back on them then fine.

But Flint (although limited) worked well in a front foot attacking team at Bristol, and Shotton is a decent play at this level and offers cover in 2 positions.

• Like 1

Can’t do anything but put my faith in the guy, at least we know he wants to play the right way and will do all he can to achieve it. The unknown quantity makes it a bit exciting at least.