oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

don;t want to start talking players in this thread... but i will ?

deadwood - Braithwaite, Gestede, Johnson, possibly Clayton? (other midfielders offer more)

Youngsters ready for first team? - obviously Tav. Spence? who else?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I've also never really seen this whole woodgate is dumb thing when I listen to him talk. I think hes relatively articulate for a footballer. 

Never the sharpest knife in the box, perhaps, he was not bright enough to work out the dangers his social circle might embrace. His own counsel in the aborted first trial for the Sarfraz Najib case described him as 'two short planks, and thick ones at that'. His nicknames among fellow Leeds United players have included 'Village' - shorthand for village idiot

At court during the first trial, Woodgate's demeanour revealed how he was coping substantially worse than Lee Bowyer with the pressure of the charges hanging over him. He testified badly, mumbling his responses in a thick Middlesbrough accent to his barrister, who famously described him as "a plank".

But by the retrial, his spirits were intact. He changed barristers and appeared in fashionable large-knotted and wide-collared shirts, laughing from the dock at Bowyer's allusions, in evidence, to his "running like a chicken" with his arms flapping, and to his endless mobile telephone calls.

At one point during the jury's evidence, Woodgate had physically to pinch himself to stop laughing at a joke he and his friends had just shared out of court. His obsessive use of the mobile phone was manifest outside the courtroom too – punctuated by requests for journalists' help on spelling for his text messages.

New ideas, new methods and a more positive mood around the riverside and who knows what we me see from some of the players who maybe were doing what they were told to do and to the best of their abilities by the old regime, but under a new manager and system may prove to be players who become fixtures in the majority of fans lineups when it gets to 2pm and yer mate asks has the team been shown yet. 

Just now, Ayresome7 said:

Never the sharpest knife in the box, perhaps, he was not bright enough to work out the dangers his social circle might embrace. His own counsel in the aborted first trial for the Sarfraz Najib case described him as 'two short planks, and thick ones at that'. His nicknames among fellow Leeds United players have included 'Village' - shorthand for village idiot

age and new cultural experiences have probably helped.

But no one has ever questioned his footballing brain thankfully

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

age and new cultural experiences have probably helped.

But no one has ever questioned his footballing brain thankfully

?

One of the finest defenders to play and read the game in the Premier League era.

I thought that was a good interview. Granted it's easy to say the right things, but I thought he came across as levelheaded and positive about his backroom staff. Reading between the lines I think he is happy that he has got Leo who isn't afraid to speak his mind when he doesn't agree. Let's see how the attcking and high pressing tactics work out in two months time.

• Like 2

Good interview, spoke well I thought. Like what I heard about attacking football, pressing in the right areas, 'head coach' not a manager, new philosophy to get fans back on side.... saying it and doing it are very different things but I'm on-board. 

• Like 1

He is saying the right things so deserves the chance to put them into practice. I think it is going to be a bumpy ride but am really looking forward to the season not

• Like 1