oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

New day, new beginning, you carry all of our hopes with you so all the best Woody!

The Pulis factor has officially gone and I feel a weight has been lifted off all of our shoulders.

I believe that we can now look forward due to the fact that we are now an unknown element and not just our fans.

Robbie Keane will certainly assist our attacking ethos and I would imagine he will have a dual role somewhat.

Can now look forward to the new season and watch with anticipation as to how the playing squad evolves.

Also would imagine that one of JW's first task will be to announce both club and first team Captains which in itself could be a sign of things to come.

Yes I can live with what has happened and will give the man time to earn his wings 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

The jury is out on Woodgate (which is obvious at present) but what has cheered me up in the fact that we have finally got an attack minded coach in Robbie Keane and hopefully now we will not be to defensive minded as the last load of managers have been.

Boro free scoring goals is going to be a beautiful sight next season now we have some one to show the players were the oppositions net is.

UTB

• Like 1

If we’re looking for a DoF I wonder if that will impact any progress on signings? Hope we get it sorted quick if that’s the route we’re taking, specially with the deadline now being August. Think July is going to be an intense month for transfers.

2 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

The jury is out on Woodgate (which is obvious at present) but what has cheered me up in the fact that we have finally got an attack minded coach in Robbie Keane and hopefully now we will not be to defensive minded as the last load of managers have been.

Boro free scoring goals is going to be a beautiful sight next season now we have some one to show the players were the oppositions net is.

UTB

I'd definitely be excited being Britt or Fletcher learning from a man who's scored 393 Professional goals and had a premier league career spanning 3 decades!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

It went under the radar a bit but personally i'm delighted that Randolph is happy to stay.

he's on a good deal, 1st choice keeper for club and country,  

Pointless moving unless it's an offer as 1st choice, from a top team playing in Europe and winning trophies.

And that's unlikely

19 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Just been told Woodgate has no say in transfers and we're still interviewing for a DoF. Take it with a pinch of salt.

Woodgate said in the interview, Transfers will be by committee to  avoid the new manager doesn't like  scenario

You know what, now I've put my dummy back in I'm quite happy about it and am excited to see what he brings to the table. Quite intrigued to see what Keane brings to the table. Excited for preseason and the season ahead. 

8 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

It went under the radar a bit but personally i'm delighted that Randolph is happy to stay.

I could still see us selling him if we get a good offer, taking his age and relatively high profile into consideration it might be daft not to cash in if an offer is high enough.

more than happy for him to stay like, our best player by far last season!

6 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'd definitely be excited being Britt or Fletcher learning from a man who's scored 393 Professional goals and had a premier league career spanning 3 decades!

Scored goals against the best teams in the world at European and world cup level too. Irelands best ever goalscorer. 

13 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Absolutely.

I'd like to hear that Britt is staying now and it'll all be very positive.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Will said:

Absolutely.

I'd like to hear that Britt is staying now and it'll all be very positive.

Been told Robbie Keane may have had a big part in Randolph staying.

If that's true it would suggest Keane was offered the job longer ago than suggested.