oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

14 minutes ago, Ash said:

He spoke well in his interview. Not most people's first choice but now we've all got to get behind him! I'm actually excited to see how things pan out if he gets us playing attacking football like he says he wants to do. Great coaching staff behind him as well. I think the younger lads will gain a lot from working with them all.

I was dead against his appointment but now I've had my hissy fit and thought about it I'm really excited about it.  The club needs a long-term plan and hopefully one that they'll actually stick to.  I think it'll probably take 3 years before we start to challenge for promotion so the only thing I'm expecting for this season is mid-table.  The think I'm most excited about though is that it seems like my blind optimism has come back, and I honestly thought after Pulis that was gone forever.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

No Gibson, just a very effusive Bauser at the press conference, no disrespect to Gibson by why employ Bauser if not to smile, grin and repeat the same message. 

I think Gibson will be very absent from giving opinions as to be kind it often goes belly up or he gets misunderstood.

I think Robbie Keane will be key to Woodgates success or failure. Not just as a coach but also as his confidante, it shouldn’t be forced being long term friends. He’s also someone the players will be excited to work with and learn from. 

Looking forward to to seeing it all play out and hope Woodgate and the players can deliver on his new approach. 

Just now, Hendrie_7 said:

I was dead against his appointment but now I've had my hissy fit and thought about it I'm really excited about it.  The club needs a long-term plan and hopefully one that they'll actually stick to.  I think it'll probably take 3 years before we start to challenge for promotion so the only thing I'm expecting for this season is mid-table.  The think I'm most excited about though is that it seems like my blind optimism has come back, and I honestly thought after Pulis that was gone forever.

I was the same. I did love him as a player but I was wanting an experienced, attacking minded manager in. And agreed on Pulis, I have never been so disheartened watching us last season and the atmosphere in the stadium itself was horrific because of his football. I'm hoping a surprise will happen here and he'll get us playing well and high up in the table by the end of the season. Can't really judge how it will pan out until we start playing but the optimism is certainly back atm!

Very happy listening to that interview, pretty much said they didn't like Pulis's style without saying it, very diplomatic and professional. Gibson scoffed at the idea of no finances being available, Woodgate is growing on me slightly. 

UTB

I particularly liked it when they asked if money was tight and Gibbo pulled a face and was like 'I wouldn't say that'. He just wants to play by the rules by all account, he's more than ready to back Woody and his staff. 

1 minute ago, Red Rocket said:

I particularly liked it when they asked if money was tight and Gibbo pulled a face and was like 'I wouldn't say that'. He just wants to play by the rules by all account, he's more than ready to back Woody and his staff. 

That guy that we 'grieved' for kept saying that it was.  He must have got the wrong and end of the stick and Gibson just couldn't get in touch with him for 18 months to tell him it was all fine.

• Haha 2