oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Did anyone ask Gibson any meaningful questions by any chance?

Depends what you consider meaningful mate. He was asked about last seasons style of play, ffp, what we want our identity to be etc etc.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Thought Gibson was irritated when asked about money being tight and whether he would be investing in new players “I always have done haven’t I?” - maybe some of this criticism/rumours of us being skint is annoying him. 

I think we’ll make some good signings. I’m cautiously optimistic for what’s to come. 

16 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Depends what you consider meaningful mate. He was asked about last seasons style of play, ffp, what we want our identity to be etc etc.

Couldn't care less about ffp to be honest, that's Gibson's thing.  I was referring to the kind of questions we've all been asking on here for a while.  So I'd be interested to hear about the process of appointing the new Head Coach.  I'd be interested to know whether Gibson's original intention was to try and keep Pulis on and how this would go with this new philosophy we now have.  I'd like to know when Gibson decided we were going to change things.  I'd like to know what Pulis' remit was in particular with reference to finances if he's now laughing off suggestions that we have issues in this area.  I'd personally like to ask about the rise in ticket prices being announced during one of the worst spells of football I've ever seen.  I suppose I'd be interested in a detailed answer as to why Woodgate was the best candidate for the job in his opinion, if possible with reference to who the other candidates were and why they were less suitable.  How does he feel about the growing disconnect between the club and fans?  I'm sure you could all think of a few yourselves seeing as how we've spent the last few months asking them on here.  I'd probably even ask what he hopes to achieve by taking those clubs to court although that would be down towards the bottom of my own list.

Of course he's happy to talk about ffp as it deflects attention away from the club and on to the EFL and we can all be angry together at those rascals for allowing other clubs to get away with things.  It's easier than asking more pertinent questions about this club and the decisions we've made recently.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 6
8 minutes ago, Red Rocket said:

Plot twist - Money was never tight he just didn't want to give anymore to Pulis. ?

That's brilliant. Except for the 22 million he did give him. At least they are not oldies without potential or resale value.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

That's brilliant. Except for the 22 million he did give him. At least they are not oldies without potential or resale value.

Oh he definiately parted with a big chunk of cash but the way that Pulis was raving at the end of last season about how we were paupers on our knees, Gibbo's defo played him there by the sounds of it. 

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I'd be interested to know whether Gibson's original intention was to try and keep Pulis on and how this would go with this new philosophy we now have.  I'd like to know when Gibson decided we were going to change things. 

That's exactly what I was thinking when they were talking about exciting, attacking football. Gibson can't have been THAT desperate to play that way 18 months back when he hired Pulis ?

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Couldn't care less about ffp to be honest, that's Gibson's thing.  I was referring to the kind of questions we've all been asking on here for a while.  So I'd be interested to hear about the process of appointing the new Head Coach.  I'd be interested to know whether Gibson's original intention was to try and keep Pulis on and how this would go with this new philosophy we now have.  I'd like to know when Gibson decided we were going to change things.  I'd like to know what Pulis' remit was in particular with reference to finances if he's now laughing off suggestions that we have issues in this area.  I'd personally like to ask about the rise in ticket prices being announced during one of the worse spells of football I've ever seen.  I suppose I'd be interested in a detailed answer as to why Woodgate was the best candidate for the job in his opinion, if possible with reference to who the other candidates were and why they were less suitable.  How does he feel about the growing disconnect between the club and fans?  I'm sure you could all think of a few yourselves seeing as how we've spent the last few months asking them on here.  I'd probably even ask what he hopes to achieve by taking those clubs to court although that would be down towards the bottom of my own list.

Of course he's happy to talk about ffp as it deflects attention away from the club and on to the EFL and we can all be angry together at those rascals for allowing other clubs to get away with things.  It's easier than asking more pertinent questions about this club and the decisions we've made recently.

What would you expect him to say about Woodgate. Of course he'll say that after interviewing quite a few managers Woodgate came out on top. He's not going to sit there and undermine Woodgate and he's certainly not going to give an insightful view of the proces and who we've talked to and why they have been turned down. 

The ticket prices is a fair question though and I'd like to know that too. I'm sure he isn't proud of the moment those prices were released as we were dog *** on the pitch, however they have to release the prices in due time (still think they should have frozen them or reduced them but I''m not sitting with all the economic numbers). I'd really like to know about the gap between club and fans too. What are his thoughts on that.

Pulis is in the past so does it really matter whether he wanted to keep him? He's gone. If Gibson thought he was worth the money he would have given him a new contract on Pulis' terms.

3 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Thought it was a good press conference overall. However, can’t believe I just watched Jonny Woodgate use the fact that the press conference started on time as evidence that the club was moving in a positive direction

Was Pulis often late?

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We also tried and failed to spend more money as well - Besic and the other lad from Millwall for example, not to mention a couple of loan players we failed to get.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

What would you expect him to say about Woodgate. Of course he'll say that after interviewing quite a few managers Woodgate came out on top. He's not going to sit there and undermine Woodgate and he's certainly not going to give an insightful view of the proces and who we've talked to and why they have been turned down. 

The ticket prices is a fair question though and I'd like to know that too. I'm sure he isn't proud of the moment those prices were released as we were dog *** on the pitch, however they have to release the prices in due time (still think they should have frozen them or reduced them but I''m not sitting with all the economic numbers). I'd really like to know about the gap between club and fans too. What are his thoughts on that.

Pulis is in the past so does it really matter whether he wanted to keep him? He's gone. If Gibson thought he was worth the money he would have given him a new contract on Pulis' terms.

I'd expect him to be honest about Woodgate and in answering any of those questions or my respect for him would evaporate.  More than anything else, I want him to answer those questions rather than someone like you trying to do it for him especially when you've been asking some of those bloody questions yourself over the last few months! 

Got a touch of deja vu watching that presser of the last time Gibson was sat next to a manager appointed on a 3 year contract promising lessons learned and a whole new approach...

His answer and facials when someone stated money being tight was the most telling I think. We sold over 40 million last summer we've opened back up alot of our wage bill with loans ending and Mikel/Downing gone I don't see why there couldn't be a 15 million pound transfer pot if we sell Braithwaite for 6/7 million that should be enough to plug our gaps supplemented with a few loans/frees.