oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

It will be interesting if this "golden strand" thing comes to fruition. I watch all the home u23/u18 boro games for my job and will be watching out to see if any of these changes are noticeable.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

It will be interesting if this "golden strand" thing comes to fruition. I watch all the home u23/u18 boro games for my job and will be watching out to see if any of these changes are noticeable.

Are you the new U23 head coach?

• Haha 1

In what world has anyone ever seen a manager unveiled at a club with anything other than "He was always our man". 

I know some people think that Gibbo is paying Woody £100's of thousands because he is "cheap" but i dont think the multi millionaire businessman is that daft , after all now the FFP is upon us he will be spending a lot more every month keeping us going.  

Could it just be that he actually does want to see a new Boro , because he actually does care what is served up for the fans. Could it be that he accepts that the pragmatic Pulis approach didn't work , could it be he just wanted to keep Duvel out of the ground

I am being flippant but what good does raking over past misery do. Football is all about hope and even if that hope evaporates after the season kicks off why not let us at least have hope now. I am happy to be deluded enough to think that this is a brave new world because it is already a dam site more hopeful than the last one.

Now where did I put those foam hands?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

? Sadly not.

Analyst for Opta

You may have already answered this but who do you think is ready to make the first team jump from the younger squads?

I’m not getting to carried away with this ‘all academy teams play the same style’ thing. Is it not a pretty obvious thing that lots of clubs have been doing for years already? I’m just not really sure what benefit it will have to deserve all this fan fare.

2 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

I’m not getting to carried away with this ‘all academy teams play the same style’ thing. Is it not a pretty obvious thing that lots of clubs have been doing for years already? I’m just not really sure what benefit it will have to deserve all this fan fare.

Because we haven't been doing it and it's a good thing we're finally pulling our finger out?

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Because we haven't been doing it and it's a good thing we're finally pulling our finger out?

But that’s like when we made a song and dance about getting a scouting team put together and it was like, wtf we DIDNT have one already??

yes it’s good that we’ve finally done it but I’m not sure how big the benefit will actually be.

I hope everyone gets behind Woodgate despite the somewhat lack of excitement it brings. I didn’t want him really but at least it’s not Pulis. I really hope he succeeds with us and I hope everyone else does. 

3 hours ago, Lord_Moose said:

Do we reckon suit or tracksuit for match days? 

I'll go tracksuit myself. 

Suit at home. Trackies  for away games ?

Just watched the press conference. Was good to see Gibbo there (not making any daft comments this time) and they were all saying the right things. Just hope it actually is different this time and not just a load of hot air.

Starting to get a teensy bit excited about the season now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:
3 hours ago, Lord_Moose said:

Do we reckon suit or tracksuit for match days? 

I'll go tracksuit myself. 

Suit at home. Trackies  for away games ?

I'm saying more of a Lee Johnson, Guardiola Jumper/cardigan and tie.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

You may have already answered this but who do you think is ready to make the first team jump from the younger squads?

Tricky as you can never be certain how they will adapt. 

Best bets (in no particular order): n.wood, P.reading, d.spence, b.liddle, c.malley and s.walker have shown signs of kicking on

• Like 2