oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I would even wager that Woody might not even be on the committee of 5, the way he was talking about it from recollection of this morning made it sound to me like he was going to focus on getting the players he's responsible for to play the way he and the club wants to play. I would suggest it would be Gibson, Bausor & Bevington + 2 of possibly Kenyon, Gill or possibly whoever comes in instead of Steve Round. That's not to say that Woody won't have a say in what kind of players we bring in, I'm sure Gibson said something in the presser about Woody telling them what kind of gaps need filling. But in terms of the committee who'll discuss the transfers and make the yes or no decisions, that may not be his call.

There was the idea Pulis was selling that he'd worked to change the way recruitment was done (amongst other things). I'm not convinced in any manner that this is what Pulis had in mind. One of the first things Pulis said upon joining is that he was able to have a direct line to Gibson and not fuss about with anyone even remotely like a DoF. Having a committee tell him which players he would be managing would be blasphemous in his ways of doing things. The only thing Pulis seems to have done is basically tell a player to bugger off if they're not coming to play for us because of anything but money.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Not sure if this has been posted already but THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED.

WHAT WILL WOODY WEAR?!?

From the gazette's latest piece:

After the conference, with most scribes dispersed, Woodgate came over for a chat with the local press and reiterated his choice of clothes.

It will be suits all the way,” he said. “It sends out a message.” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 3

Overall, I'm happy today that we've finally heard how we are choosing to portray ourselves for the foreseeable future. I'm enjoying the positivity that a lot of people are portraying on here at the moment, I know it's not entirely how everyone wanted this to play out, some still not at all convinced and that's fine. But I hope we can at least give Woody and indeed the club as a whole the chance to do things the way so many people on here were asking us to do.

The actions will make or break this without a doubt but for a moment, it would be nice to just appreciate that the words today are exactly the kind which people have been wanting and spent a lot of time last season talking about. We want everyone to believe that we want to create an identity, we want to play positive attacking football, we want to bring the fans back by being more positive. I think that's why a lot of people have been happier and more positive today, despite Woodgate not being many people's choice to take on the mantle.

I'm excited to go to the Riverside as a season ticket holder for the first time this season and sharing that experience with my mates, I'm hoping more than anything that this positivity from today can continue in some fashion and that we start to get the sceptics back on board. It will make being a Boro fan more enjoyable again. I've said I despised last season in the end because I've never felt more disconnected from my fellow fans and I hope that never happens again. I've personally had a really challenging 12 months and usually being part of our club and community brings me right out of those bad times when match-day comes around. Last season ended up being entirely the opposite and a combination of that and other things led to one of the worst mental health scares I've had in 7 years. Feeling a lot better than I was though and it feels like today is another step in a positive direction and it's important to take on board that positivity in those rare moments they hit you. Onwards and upwards, people. UTFB!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
Just now, wilsoncgp said:

Overall, I'm happy today that we've finally heard how we are choosing to portray ourselves for the foreseeable future. I'm enjoying the positivity that a lot of people are portraying on here at the moment, I know it's not entirely how everyone wanted this to play out, some still not at all convinced and that's fine. But I hope we can at least give Woody and indeed the club as a whole the chance to do things the way so many people on here were asking us to do.

The actions will make or break this without a doubt but for a moment, it would be nice to just appreciate that the words today are exactly the kind which people have been wanting and spent a lot of time last season talking about. We want everyone to believe that we want to create an identity, we want to play positive attacking football, we want to bring the fans back by being more positive. I think that's why a lot of people have been happier and more positive today, despite Woodgate not being many people's choice to take on the mantle.

I'm excited to go to the Riverside as a season ticket holder for the first time this season and sharing that experience with my mates, I'm hoping more than anything that this positivity from today can continue in some fashion and that we start to get the sceptics back on board. It will make being a Boro fan more enjoyable again. I've said I despised last season in the end because I've never felt more disconnected from my fellow fans and I hope that never happens again. I've personally had a really challenging 12 months and usually being part of our club and community brings me right out of those bad times when match-day comes around. Last season ended up being entirely the opposite and a combination of that and other things led to one of the worst mental health scares I've had in 7 years. Feeling a lot better than I was though and it feels like today is another step in a positive direction and it's important to take on board that positivity in those rare moments they hit you. Onwards and upwards, people. UTFB!

?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Here for you pal, know what those scares can be like, always here to chat if you ever wanna reach out! ❤️

• Like 3
Just now, Changing Times said:

I don't want to overstate the effect of Pulis here but it's quite clear to me that your problems stem directly from the crap football you had to endure.

I mean, the last time this happened was 7 years ago. I don't know if we want to align the Mowbray team of 11/12 with the Pulis team of 18/19 and blame my problems on the quality of the football. Though we did finish 7th then, too.

Finishing 7th... 7 years ago...

hilarious the hangover GIF

You're on to something.

• Haha 2

I mean, the last time this happened was 7 years ago. I don't know if we want to align the Mowbray team of 11/12 with the Pulis team of 18/19 and blame my problems on the quality of the football. Though we did finish 7th then, too.

Finishing 7th... 7 years ago...

hilarious the hangover GIF

You're on to something.

No, you shouldn't try and self diagnose.  Leave it to the professionals like me.  Back then you were suffering from PTSD - Post Traumatic Strachan Disorder.  You certainly weren't alone in that and many fans still suffer flashbacks to this day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, you shouldn't try and self diagnose.  Leave it to the professionals like me.  Back then you were suffering from PTSD - Post Traumatic Strachan Disorder.  You certainly weren't alone in that and many fans still suffer flashbacks to this day.

Genuinely the first thing I thought was when you posted the last thing... "Was Strachan in charge 7 years ago? Was that actually it?" ?

Genuinely the first thing I thought was when you posted the last thing... "Was Strachan in charge 7 years ago? Was that actually it?" ?

Nah 09-10 but the effects of PTSD can occur a long time after the initial event.  It's entirely likely that Pulis caused a relapse ?

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Nah 09-10 but the effects of PTSD can occur a long time after the initial event.  It's entirely likely that Pulis caused a relapse ?

dog ptsd GIF

I wish I was clever enough on the computer to add pictures of Strachan and Pulis as part of the flashbacks!

• Haha 1

wouldgate will have some say on the transfers im sure,even if its a small say.they are hardly going to sign a player who woodgate doesnt rate are they,im looking forward to the start of the new season now,very much so,onwards and upwards?

Of course he will have some say on transfers, maybe not in the beginning but if Boro are doing well and in a good position league wise and are realistically in with a top 6 spot (just like last season) then surely he can identify his own players to the committee for them to pursue.

I would imagine that JW will be given a list of players worth targeting asked of his opinion on them and whether or not the club should try to do the deal.

I would suspect that JW has already told the club of the players he does not want around