oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

1 minute ago, Randy Sandwich said:

The remit for Southgate was to get rid of big players and half the wage bill, Southgate was who Gibson turned to when all managers approached wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Southgate wasn't ready, Gibson has admitted it was his fault but you know better? 

Where did the rest of my question go, How Ever Long Me Ever To? 

Wasn't Gibsons fault Southgoat has no clue what he is still doing in management he is clueless. And Woodgate isnt allowed to make transfers, thats the main role of a manager. Our recruitment of players sucks so why not let him mess everything up and not just the league positioning? 

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Wasn't Gibsons fault Southgoat has no clue what he is still doing in management he is clueless. And Woodgate isnt allowed to make transfers, thats the main role of a manager. Our recruitment of players sucks so why not let him mess everything up and not just the league positioning? 

So Gibson admitted it was his fault but you know better?

Your personal insult was deleted by mods I'm guessing - shows you for what you are when you need to resort to insulting. 

4 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

Is the Southgoat thing supposed to be funny or just a repeated typo? 

Woody is head coach, not manager. 

And a manager's main job is not to make transfers. 

@AdamBoro stop showing yourself up and grow up.

Southgate is now a fairly well admired manager/coach of the England setup so saying he's clueless is a bit of a reach even for deluded people.

The recruitment I don't believe sucks as much as people state. Karanka regime brought in a net positive return on investment of most of his players. Monk brought in a number of players which most were decent quality, just didn't work out for many reasons. Pulis paed over the odds for players and sold our best players but the recruitment fit his obvious shopping list... so the recruitment seemed to fit the bill of the separate managers wishes.  That's why we're aiming for a club philosophy now rather than an individual managers philosophy, so maybe we have more stability and growth in this area.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Hobo said:

goat GIF

• Haha 3
9 minutes ago, Hobo said:

So Who is the Manager? Southgoat is not admired by many he is an FA Yes man and has not done anything special in any role managerial role. He was a half decent player but like Michael Owen with commentary, management is not for him and the same goes for Woodgoat. 

5 hours ago, "KM" said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/chairman-and-head-coach-meet-the-media-transcript

Very good read this. Confirms Woodgate is part of the transfer “committee” along with the coaching staff, Neil, SG and Adrian. SG also confirms it was always going to be JW.  But I have to say I have been very impressed by the Woodgate has put himself across; he speaks sense and straight. Looks like he’s going to take a leaf out of AK’s book and make sure everyone is organised and professional. Like what I’ve heard so far!

Steve, can you talk through the recruitment process and how heartening it’s been with the fact that you’ve had so much interest?

SG: We had a vast amount of interest and there was that much of it that the task of structuring it and turning it into something manageable was left to Adrian and Neil, and they’ve worked their socks off. They’ve flown all across Europe, 4am starts, midnight finishes, and that’s been ongoing for the last month. What we’ve done is whittled it down and whittled it down. We always had a preference for Jonathan and all things being equal, it was going to be Jonathan. But we felt we had a duty to find out what was in the market and test the market and to also show a care to those who had shown an interest in the club. There was that many of them, we made our way through, but all roads pointed at Jonathan.

That's one of the questions I wanted to be asked that couldn't possibly be asked at this time.  At least Gibson is candid enough to admit that Woodgate pretty much did have the job from the start and only something significant could have altered that.  Anyway, if you ask the questions you might just get some answers.

1 hour ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I also don't understand the doom mongers either. Woodgate wouldn't have been my choice, but I have always been willing to let him have a chance to prove me wrong. After yesterday's press conference I along with many others are feeling a lot more optimistic about the direction we seem to be heading in.

Nobody wanted Woodgate appointed as Head Coach/Manager and the only thing that has changed is that Gibson appointed the person that nobody wanted appointed and now people are more optimistic.  That's the bit I don't understand.  I think I was one of the few who said he'd prefer Woodgate over many of the candidates mentioned but even I'm struggling to see how people can go from trashing Gibson at the mere suggestion of Woodgate being appointed to suddenly being not just ok with it but kinda optimistic and in some cases even excited.

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Nobody wanted Woodgate appointed as Head Coach/Manager and the only thing that has changed is that Gibson appointed the person that nobody wanted appointed and now people are more optimistic.  That's the bit I don't understand.  I think I was one of the few who said he'd prefer Woodgate over many of the candidates mentioned but even I'm struggling to see how people can go from trashing Gibson at the mere suggestion of Woodgate being appointed to suddenly being not just ok with it but kinda optimistic and in some cases even excited.

People are starting to get excited because they like the things the club are saying. We all know actions speak louder than words, but Woodgate has conducted himself brilliantly since being hired and has said all the right things so is it wrong for people to maybe feel a little optimism?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, AdamBoro said:

No miserable at all, people dont like the truth and being positive wont cut it. 

But you giving your opinion isn't the truth, Gibson came out ages ago and took full responsibility, said he knew Southgate wasn't ready but asked him anyway but you are actually saying that's not the truth and your opinion is? 

I love honesty, I can work with it all day long but bullshit and name calling doesn't cut it with me