oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Just now, Will said:

Wouldn’t have been my first choice, I’m willing to get behind him though and he is saying all the right things. We will see. I am more optimistic that at any time in the last 18 months.

careful, you're not allowed to change your mind.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I sort of know where you’re coming from CT, although I myself feel slightly more optimistic about things.

Woodgate not my first choice, or even my second or third. The club played a blinder yesterday with everyone saying the right things which seems to have got a lot of people on board.

Talk is cheap mind, and I’m still a little reserved about the whole thing but happy to give the management team time to show us what they’re trying to do.

I still think we’ll probably finish mid table, but would be nice if they brought back a bit of bond with the club again after 18 months of apathy.

22 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

This conversation -

CT - I dont know why you changed your stance

Everyone else - because of these reasons

CT - your reasons are wrong, you're not allowed to interpret things differently than I do. 

Why ask for reasons if you're simply not going to accept them?

I did accept them.  It's down to the press conference.

What I had a problem with was the suggestion that there hadn't been a fairly sizeable change in attitude on here pre and post the appointment and Brunners feigning ignorance as to what I was talking about.  Hardly anybody at all wanted Woodgate and now people are optimistic about it because he spoke well in his press conference.  That's the sum total of it all apparently.  If that's all it takes then why were people so bothered about who was appointed in the first place?  As long as whoever it was spoke well then they'd be onside with it, which to me as a semi-functioning adult seems a bit strange.  I obviously haven't got my point across particularly well but there you go, not to worry.

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

What I had a problem with was the suggestion that there hadn't been a fairly sizeable change in attitude on here pre and post the appointment and Brunners feigning ignorance as to what I was talking about.  Hardly anybody at all wanted Woodgate and now people are optimistic about it because he spoke well in his press conference.  That's the sum total of it all apparently.  If that's all it takes then why were people so bothered about who was appointed in the first place?  As long as whoever it was spoke well then they'd be onside with it, which to me as a semi-functioning adult seems a bit strange.  I obviously haven't got my point across particularly well but there you go, not to worry.

Could it also be that the people who were absolutely categorically against him are not posting as much as the people who are willing to give him a chance? 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Could it also be that the people who were absolutely categorically against him are not posting as much as the people who are willing to give him a chance? 

I tried saying that earlier and he ignored that point, I guess because it doesn't fit his narrative.

Possibly but there are a few that have posted on these last few pages, Will being another one of them.  Like I said, I obviously haven't explained myself well enough and people clearly aren't interested in what I'm saying so I'll drop it ?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

No, I think a lot of people (myself included) fell into the trap that woody was some drug fuelled racist moron who would be an embarrassment to have as the leader of the club. When people saw how articulate he was and the attention to detail surrounding his backroom staff we thought, hey, maybe this guy and his team actually do deserve a chance.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Brunners said:

People are starting to get excited because they like the things the club are saying. We all know actions speak louder than words, but Woodgate has conducted himself brilliantly since being hired and has said all the right things so is it wrong for people to maybe feel a little optimism?

Not hard to say the right things, its like chatting up a woman in a bar, tell her what she wants to hear and next minute she is in your bed. 

Have read the 'golden thread' article and, yes, it does sound like something a marketing company have put out 

I am new to the forum but not new to the Boro. I saw my first game at Ayresome Park in 1957.

Rather than trawl through the forum pages, does anybody have details about Pulis's sales pitch? His main claim to fame was never having been relegated, so was that our main requirement!?

4 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Have read the 'golden thread' article and, yes, it does sound like something a marketing company have put out 

I am new to the forum but not new to the Boro. I saw my first game at Ayresome Park in 1957.

Rather than trawl through the forum pages, does anybody have details about Pulis's sales pitch? His main claim to fame was never having been relegated, so was that our main requirement!?

I think the idea was to get Pulis to cut costs, but the idea seems daft when we were paying him ridiculous wages and giving him alleged cuts on transfer money made. 

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

By collecting all of the infinity stones and Justin Hoyte.

No way did you just make a pop culture reference. I'm flabbergasted.

And impressed.

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Personally think you have got that across fine, mate. I think there has been a bit of a change and I think that comes from people simply abandoning negativity in favour of positivity. It says to me that there's a lot of fairly dooming comments that came from people who maybe didn't believe or want to believe their scepticisms to the extent that it would continue making them feel that way after the announcement was made. I think people just want to put their optimistic hats on now, it's a new dawn once again, let's (perhaps naively) see a bit more about how it goes before we foresee the apocalypse.

I don't think people should really ignore that's what they want to do as I don't personally see a problem with that, sometimes looking at things more positively makes people feel better. But I guarantee those sceptics who are currently choosing to be more positive about it will just as easily call it out when it doesn't go to plan. They can still be sceptics, they can still be positive and be wary and I think that's probably what's happening right now.

• Like 1