oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

9 hours ago, D.Z. said:

Wow and I thought I was bad.

CT, we could lock you in a room and you'd probably start arguing with yourself.

What would there be to argue with myself when I'm always right? :classic_rolleyes:

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

What would there be to argue with myself when I'm always right? :classic_rolleyes:

You don't argue with yourself, but you use your dummie profiles to create arguments (them all being silly and radical) and then you try to step in with your reasoning opinions, which have been good at times, but sometimes you really just want to argue for the sake of arguing.. Not to find out what is right or wrong... 

But it's nice to see, that people are stepping up and talk back ? 

No offence in this, just a tinfoil hat opinon!

• Haha 2

On a side note, Jokanovic has been appointed as the new coach of Qatar super league side Al-Gharafa. Apologies if i have spelt their name wrong.

Think the rumours about his high wage demands might have been true. Think WBA, us and Forest all showed an interest if media are to be believed but all 3 clubs could not meet his personal demands. 

He was my 1st choice but dont think he was ever a realistic option for us. No criticism of the club for not getting him from me mind

I am one of those who didn’t get the Woody hate before he was appointed but admitted that Jokanovic was my first choice. After hearing the press conference though it is now clear that we are looking at a new start and I don’t think Jokanovic would have fitted that profile. The new team exites me because it is a fresh approach , maybe that’s just what others see

This could even be an inspired move as lots of people seem happy to give Woody a “free” season , a bit like the lad Farke at Norwich had, as long as we show signs of change. An experienced manager wouldn’t have got that for sure

1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

You don't argue with yourself, but you use your dummie profiles to create arguments (them all being silly and radical) and then you try to step in with your reasoning opinions, which have been good at times, but sometimes you really just want to argue for the sake of arguing.. Not to find out what is right or wrong... 

But it's nice to see, that people are stepping up and talk back ? 

No offence in this, just a tinfoil hat opinon!

If you're suggesting that Brunners is a dummy profile of mine then actually I do take great offence at that ?

I imagine Brunners wouldn't exactly be thrilled either although it would mean a step up in the world for him at least ?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

If you're suggesting that Brunners is a dummy profile of mine then actually I do take great offence at that ?

I imagine Brunners wouldn't exactly be thrilled either although it would mean a step up in the world for him at least ?

Brunners would be one of my last choices as your "dummie" account - who could actually be arsed to set up a separate account just to argue with themselves? 

Sometimes I genuinely wonder what goes on in peoples heads - we've got some right ones on here. 

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, Randy Sandwich said:

Brunners would be one of my last choices as your "dummie" account - who could actually be arsed to set up a separate account just to argue with themselves? 

Sometimes I genuinely wonder what goes on in peoples heads - we've got some right ones on here. 

That's a cool story, grumpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
23 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

The most important factor about this appointment is that the club have bought themselves time. 

Do you think we are now in a 3 year project? Or have the players we have good enough to go up this season with a bit of tweaking?

Personally I believe buying time about sums it up. He is there because we don’t have cash to splash the fan base has dwindled and SG can’t afford another failed project. SG knows fans will give a local lad more time than another impostor.  For quit sometime Woodgate has been instrumental in a very poor BORO squad but we are now led to believe he is a messiah about to create miracles. What I believe we will see is change, erratic football and results. 

Monk did try to play a front 3 of Fletcher-Britt-Braithwaite with 2 wingbacks providing the width he abandoned it pretty quickly but it seemed to work somewhat. Wonder whether we could see the return of that, it is very Liverpool-esque which is what Woodgate seems to want.

Just now, Foogle said:

Monk did try to play a front 3 of Fletcher-Britt-Braithwaite with 2 wingbacks providing the width he abandoned it pretty quickly but it seemed to work somewhat. Wonder whether we could see the return of that, it is very Liverpool-esque which is what Woodgate seems to want.

I think he panicked after we lost 1-0 to wolves, from memory?

6 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think he panicked after we lost 1-0 to wolves, from memory?

Yes I think we played Burton and then Sheffield United after that, from what I can remember we were playing more of a 2 up top with Gestede as one and Bamford as more of a number 10 in that Sheffield game.