oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

2 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Good interview, very well made point about him being able to coach our defenders just as much as our strikers from a point of view of his playing style against them and vice-versa for Woody.

Fingers crossed this works.

The only thing i'm concerned about (and it's not from this interview) is that Gibson seemingly has the final say on transfers.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, D.Z. said:

Good interview, very well made point about him being able to coach our defenders just as much as our strikers from a point of view of his playing style against them and vice-versa for Woody.

Fingers crossed this works.

The only thing i'm concerned about (and it's not from this interview) is that Gibson seemingly has the final say on transfers.

Well he always has done? I dont think it's the final say part that we need to worry about, it's when he starts identifying the signings himself that we need to worry about!

"There's Britt who is a one in two striker; Ashley Fletcher who is 23 and still learning, he'll learn all sorts from Robbie Keane; Rudy Gestede can score goals when he gets chance and Martin Braithwaite has done that at Leganes. We have got goalscorers at this football club." 

Woodgate name checking Braithwaite in the BBC Tees interview, could point to him having a future at the club?

As long as we're not recieving any reasonable bids for players they should have a future. We can't afford to have expensive players sitting in the stands. Every player will have a chance to prove their worth under a new regime. Some will obviously be let go if decent offers come in, especially Gestede and Johnson and likely Braithwaite too. 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He also name checked Gestede too though so...gestede future here too?

I don't claim to be ITK but I heard Gestede has been promised a starting role and a 5 year contract extension. Lets just say my source is considered a "king" around the town of "Boro".

• Haha 3

Obviously the interviews were all done on the same day and good work again by the PR dept sending these snippets out daily to bridge the gap until everyone gets back to work on Monday.

They have been good though, its good to hear Leo chat about what he's wanting a little, the dept of content wasn't there as to what he truly brings but the desire to be shown as more than just Leo the lionheart is good to see. Hopefully, his knowledge and skills do transfer from GK coach to a general coach which he is now I believe. Also, I was under the impression that it was a collective appointment to get the fans bck on side, but in the interview its obvious that it appeared to be Woodgates choice to bring him in. which he obviously has gained some respect from woody over the years during the karanka reign.

like the rest we'll wait and see I suppose.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Armster said:

Obviously the interviews were all done on the same day and good work again by the PR dept sending these snippets out daily to bridge the gap until everyone gets back to work on Monday.

They have been good though, its good to hear Leo chat about what he's wanting a little, the dept of content wasn't there as to what he truly brings but the desire to be shown as more than just Leo the lionheart is good to see. Hopefully, his knowledge and skills do transfer from GK coach to a general coach which he is now I believe. Also, I was under the impression that it was a collective appointment to get the fans bck on side, but in the interview its obvious that it appeared to be Woodgates choice to bring him in. which he obviously has gained some respect from woody over the years during the karanka reign.

like the rest we'll wait and see I suppose.

He has had several years experience as an assistant manager and was the manager of the Fluminese under 20s before he's come her so I think he wants to demonstrate his abilities outside of "just" a GK coach. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Brunners said:

He also name checked Gestede too though so...gestede future here too?

After he'd rattled off every other player in the squad, he said something like "even Rudy can score"..