oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I thought there was an issue with some kind of musical chairs approach to offering people various jobs where they all ended up being offered different ones than the one they were originally in for?  Maybe we pulled a chair away from someone or they just gave up and couldn't be bothered?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought there was an issue with some kind of musical chairs approach to offering people various jobs where they all ended up being offered different ones than the one they were originally in for?  Maybe we pulled a chair away from someone or they just gave up and couldn't be bothered?

There was, but when that was said the guy did say he wasnt sure why rosenior had rejected insinuating it may not be for the above reasons. 

The above was the reason giving for round turning us down I think.

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Of course it is. It's better than deathly silence, mind.

I prefer silence haha. "Minutes in the tank/bank". "I want to press high and win the ball back high up the pitch" and "im a local lad" will be some of the favourites i think

11 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

I prefer silence haha. "Minutes in the tank/bank". "I want to press high and win the ball back high up the pitch" and "im a local lad" will be some of the favourites i think

It's not quite as robotic as Monk mind.

• Like 2

I'd like to think more people prefer it when people come out and talk as much as possible about their plans, even if they are going over already old ground. Especially when it's so early doors for Woody, getting him out there and sending a positive message whilst season tickets are on sale and before any of the significant stuff has started is probably a good idea.

Some see through the PR chaff and won't care for a word he's got to say and won't give him a positive word until he's earned it, don't get me wrong, that's fine. But I think Woody speaks positively and some will enjoy that and want to be part of it. So long as they can also put what's happened in the past behind them, especially the last 2-3 years.

It's interesting to hear about how he will set up but my dilemma is thinking have we got the players to play that brand of football he wants?

4 3 3 with no RW, LW or over lapping RB? And Friend for LB? Where are we going to finance this from?

Yes some will come from the academy, but I doubt they're going to have the Ryan Sessegnon impact. To be fair Sessegnon kicked on in his second season so maybe it might work... but for this season I'm kind of resigned to write off top 6.

How do other people feel?

Wouldn't the 4-3-3 work with fletch ass and braithwaite quite nicely though as inside forwards rather than wingers.. 

Tav as a backup and then we just need another forward to bolster the ranks. 

If ass stays

If braithwaite stays

No idea of prospects coming through.

And yeh I know it's a monk line up but we need to use the cards we currently have. 

3 minutes ago, Armster said:

Wouldn't the 4-3-3 work with fletch ass and braithwaite quite nicely though as inside forwards rather than wingers.. 

Tav as a backup and then we just need another forward to bolster the ranks. 

If ass stays

If braithwaite stays

No idea of prospects coming through.

And yeh I know it's a monk line up but we need to use the cards we currently have. 

It wasn't really a monk lineup either as he bottled it a few games in and started trying all sorts of formations and personnel.

We would definitely need better fullbacks for width, but our expectations are also a lot lower this season than Monk's season so I can see it working.