oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I think Pulis would have done better with the vIlla team that Bruce had

Couldn't disagree more. Villas strengths lie in having full backs who like to attack and in their number 10 jack grealish. Pulis would replace their full backs with big centre backs and ask grealish to play in a deep role where he doesn't effect the3 game.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I think Pulis would have done better with the vIlla team that Bruce had

Couldn't disagree more. Villas strengths lie in having full backs who like to attack and in their number 10 jack grealish. Pulis would replace their full backs with big centre backs and ask grealish to play in a deep role where he doesn't effect the3 game.

Haha. Exactly this.

Its not like he dont want to play with good wingers, He is the only one that made Adama and bolasie look good.

Morrison was used as a 10 and brunt as a wingback

its just that we have a *** team now :)

Adama looked pretty good, has we kept Adomah he would have played them both on the wings and we would had looked pretty ok.

A pulis team is 4 defenders that defend and 3 central midfielders that defend. then its 3 attacking players that attack ;)

Its not like he dont want to play with good wingers, He is the only one that made Adama and bolasie look good.

Adama looked pretty good, has we kept Adomah he would have played them both on the wings and we would had looked pretty ok.

A pulis team is 4 defenders that defend and 3 central midfielders that defend. then its 3 attacking players that attack ;)

Don't think I've ever seen Pulis play 3 attacking players with us. Which is pretty pathetic really.

What's stopping him playing Tavernier - Britt - Braithwaite as a front 3? And I mean as a genuine front 3, high up the pitch and close to eachother, not two as auxillery full backs. Okay I'd rather have Adama and Bamford in there but that's still a good front line for this level.

What's stopping him playing Tavernier - Britt - Braithwaite as a front 3? And I mean as a genuine front 3, high up the pitch and close to eachother, not two as auxillery full backs. Okay I'd rather have Adama and Bamford in there but that's still a good front line for this level.

Well he dont seem to fancy Braithwaithe, think the personal chemistry is off there, think we can blame both on that. He dont seem to rate britt either and Tav is well young :-P

I'm starting to tire of Pulis due to the sheer lack of entertaining football or results but I just can't see how any other manager can get this current team, without new signings, performing to a promotion winning standard. Our wing options are pretty poor as they just don't have any pace or end product. Braithwaite at LW just doesn't work. The top performing attacker is 34 year old Downing who even in his best days was never the greatest goal threat. None of our strikers are able to convert chances that you'd expect players of this level to. There are gaping weaknesses in our attack that no manager, no matter how great, could remedy through just tactics.

Even if Pulis left, any new incoming manager will have exactly the safe fundamental problems that are plaguing our season. Over the course of this season he has tried several formations and even tried a few square pegs in rounds holes (eg Assombalonga at LW) hoping to find a sticking plaster until January. Regardless of if we get a new manager or not before January only new signings can remedy the attacking deficiencies within the squad.

When Pulis had Traore last season he flourished in these tactics and the football was far more enjoyable. The football this season has been terrible in comparison. Without pacey wingers Pulis' tactics is bordering on unbearable. Us being unable to sign some quality wingers in the Summer is showing us up now. The quality of football this season has been absolutely dour - that's beyond doubt - but Pulis has shown last season that with even one pacey winger like Traore we can perform to a higher standard and be pretty entertaining albeit over-reliant. If we can get two quality wingers, eg Adomah and Burke, then I think we'll be a completely different team going forward. With the right attacking signings in January there's no reason why we can't get promoted.

I'd be quite happy to see us get John Terry as our next manager if Pulis leaves. His personality seems perfect for becoming a successful manager. It's worth noting that if we don't get promoted then we're probably going to cut the budget - this season being our last year of parachute payments - and go back to more of a project of looking to gradually build a promotion winning squad and give academy lads more game time. Someone fresh like John Terry would fit in well with that.

I'm starting to tire of Pulis due to the sheer lack of entertaining football or results but I just can't see how any other manager can get this current team, without new signings, performing to a promotion winning standard. Our wing options are pretty poor as they just don't have any pace or end product. Braithwaite at LW just doesn't work. The top performing attacker is 34 year old Downing who even in his best days was never the greatest goal threat. None of our strikers are able to convert chances that you'd expect players of this level to. There are gaping weaknesses in our attack that no manager, no matter how great, could remedy through just tactics.

Even if Pulis left, any new incoming manager will have exactly the safe fundamental problems that are plaguing our season. Over the course of this season he has tried several formations and even tried a few square pegs in rounds holes (eg Assombalonga at LW) hoping to find a sticking plaster until January. Regardless of if we get a new manager or not before January only new signings can remedy the attacking deficiencies within the squad.

When Pulis had Traore last season he flourished in these tactics and the football was far more enjoyable. The football this season has been terrible in comparison. Without pacey wingers Pulis' tactics is bordering on unbearable. Us being unable to sign some quality wingers in the Summer is showing us up now. The quality of football this season has been absolutely dour - that's beyond doubt - but Pulis has shown last season that with even one pacey winger like Traore we can perform to a higher standard and be pretty entertaining albeit over-reliant. If we can get two quality wingers, eg Adomah and Burke, then I think we'll be a completely different team going forward. With the right attacking signings in January there's no reason why we can't get promoted.

I'd be quite happy to see us get John Terry as our next manager if Pulis leaves. His personality seems perfect for becoming a successful manager. It's worth noting that if we don't get promoted then we're probably going to cut the budget - this season being our last year of parachute payments - and go back to more of a project of looking to gradually build a promotion winning squad and give academy lads more game time. Someone fresh like John Terry would fit in well with that.

I would like the post, but I dont agree with Terry....

Ready for pelters (and this isn't necessarily about pulis but the club as an entity).

I've just been watching the local news and there was a piece on this new production about Sunderland. They seem to have embraced what happened last season (and it was dire) and moved on, somehow reconnected with their fans with a new set up and a new manager playing decent (albeit league one) football.

Meanwhile our club seems to not bother. There is becoming a big disconnect between the club and the fans. Many fans (on here and those I speak to in person) are becoming quite "unbothered" for the want of a better word. And the club appears to be doing nothing to remedy this. Lack of spending (by this I mean positive net incomes over the past year or so), lack of entertainment on the field and rubbish put out on social media talking about a "great strike" by saville (while actually never mentioning the fact it was the only shot on target all game).

The silence from Gibson is deafening. Just goes to prove that maybe being in the premier league isn't the only way to unite the fans.

Ready for pelters (and this isn't necessarily about pulis but the club as an entity).

I've just been watching the local news and there was a piece on this new production about Sunderland. They seem to have embraced what happened last season (and it was dire) and moved on, somehow reconnected with their fans with a new set up and a new manager playing decent (albeit league one) football.

Meanwhile our club seems to not bother. Their is becoming a big disconnect between the club and the fans. Many fans (on here and those I speak to in person) are becoming quite "unbothered" for the want of a better word. And the club appears to be doing nothing to remedy this. Lack of spending (by this I mean positive net incomes over the past year or so), lack of entertainment on the field and rubbish put out on social media talking about a "great strike" by saville (while actually never mentioning the fact it was the only shot on target all game).

The silence from Gibson is deafening. Just goes to prove that maybe being in the premier league isn't the only way to unite the fans.

Good post, well written tudders. I don’t know if you will get any pelters though

Well aparently there was an emergency board meeting Sunday and Pulis been told 3 games to save his job...rumour or not...its doing the rounds...  sounds like BS but doing the round never the less

We have a board?

Well aparently there was an emergency board meeting Sunday and Pulis been told 3 games to save his job...rumour or not...its doing the rounds...  sounds like BS but doing the round never the less

We have a board?

There's 20,000 bored every Saturday at the Riverside!