oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Theres only one man for me and that's Jokanavic.

Great coach, improves young players, plays attractive football and has 2 promotions on tight budgets under his belt

My choice would be Dane Kasper Hjulman. Has an excellent track record with youth and plays beautiful fottball. A very intelligent football brain. His move to anderlecht just fell through and he’s out of contract. He’s a man every fan loves. Get him in and we’d play the best football in the league but it would require a bit of patience as he’s the direct opposite of Pulis. Would be just the man for players like fry, Tav and Wing. I think the club he managed until he quit a few weeks ago has an average age of around 22 years old.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Great coach, improves young players, plays attractive football and has 2 promotions on tight budgets under his belt

My choice would be Dane Kasper Hjulman. Has an excellent track record with youth and plays beautiful fottball. A very intelligent football brain. His move to anderlecht just fell through and he’s out of contract. He’s a man every fan loves. Get him in and we’d play the best football in the league but it would require a bit of patience as he’s the direct opposite of Pulis. Would be just the man for players like fry, Tav and Wing. I think the club he managed until he quit a few weeks ago has an average age of around 22 years old.

Haven’t we had enough Danish disasters with the Fischer and Braithwaite affairs without appointing a Danish manager to top it off!? Haha.

In all seriousness though, surely if it was a choice between Jokanovic and Hjulmand it would have to be Jokanovic considering he has past experience of promotion and playing attractive, attacking football in the division we are currently in!?

Haven’t we had enough Danish disasters with the Fischer and Braithwaite affairs without appointing a Danish manager to top it off!? Haha.

In all seriousness though, surely if it was a choice between Jokanovic and Hjulmand it would have to be Jokanovic considering he has past experience of promotion and playing attractive, attacking football in the division we are currently in!?

Ye, I don't know enough about Hjulmand to write him off and he sounds like an excellent candidate, but Jokanavic is proven in this league and that's why id have him as my number 1 choice

Just to add to the ever growing list of rumours, I was told it’ll be Pearson next season at the match today.

Not another central defender as manager surely Gibson as learnt his lesson. :disappointed:

Like the idea's of Higgy (attacking midfielder) or Jokanavic (def:midfielder) 

Don't know about Hjulman but if he as a good reputation with youth then yes by all means put him in the hat.

Just want to see someone in there with some spark for the rest of the teams tactic's not just defenders.

Mind saying that I loved Jack Charlton's era.   

But that was another time when Boro just could not stop scoring.  :D

Ye, I don't know enough about Hjulmand to write him off and he sounds like an excellent candidate, but Jokanavic is proven in this league and that's why id have him as my number 1 choice

I get what both of you are saying and I agree. I’m trying to say that there are actually progressive options out there. I think that Hjulman is a better long term option that jokanovic as jokanovic has already shown that he bottled it at Prem level. I just want a positive change.

Out of the obvious options I’d want Jokanovic.

Out of the ‘interesting’ options I’d probably go for van bronkhorst.

There are also other interesting options such as Stendel, the bury manager and cowley. I definately wouldn’t have an issue with us going down that route as long as we don’t fill the team with league 1 players like Ipswich did.

I wouldn’t be against Wagner though, I think he gets a lot of *** for the goal difference at Huddersfield. But I read a post on the Huddersfield forum where a boro fan asked about him and from what they said he was poorly backed in the transfer market and he made a gold plated purse out of a pigs ear. One guy mentioned about him getting a team promoted with a front 3 of VLP, Nahki Wells and Colin Quarner!

From what they said the lack of goals was more Wagner working with what he’s got than him just wanting to play dull football.

I always thought after Karanka left that all we needed to do was slightly adjust the balance between defence and attack. Karanka was cautious about freeing up players to get up the pitch and we broke slowly and never really got any counter attacks going as a result. Maybe Wagner could provide that balance.

Hate to say this simply because I don’t partake in rumors and fish wives tales but here goes. This morning I was told by my brother in-law who’s brother bussness associates claim, Pulis contract is going to be extended. He also stated it’s not been announced as yet due to ongoing ticket sales. If true I suspect it’s not a long term contract but a stop gap while they search a suitable replacement or I fear until Woodgate gets his badges?

Not a popular opinion I’m sure but I believe that If Pulis got the signings he wanted then we would have had a much different experience as fans.

With Puncheon, Phillips and whatever striker he wanted we would have been far better to watch and winning more. I’m sure we can all name the players we were linked with that didn’t come... shame.

Same can be said for Karanka... shame.

Pulis needs to go now though. Would love Woody to be brilliant but I think it is not going to end up well. We need a new team with our academy lads as the basis with some experience around them. The ego’s need to be gone ASAP.

Hate to say this simply because I don’t partake in rumors and fish wives tales but here goes. This morning I was told by my brother in-law who’s brother bussness associates claim, Pulis contract is going to be extended. He also stated it’s not been announced as yet due to ongoing ticket sales. If true I suspect it’s not a long term contract but a stop gap while they search a suitable replacement or I fear until Woodgate gets his badges?

SG is hoping Woody gets his badges still, Pulis will stay on in the interim and then move to Director of Football when Woody becomes manager. If Woody keeps failing his badges then Pulis stays on as manager until we can find a replacement.

Either way we end up with Pulis as Director of Football which isn't great.

SG is hoping Woody gets his badges still, Pulis will stay on in the interim and then move to Director of Football when Woody becomes manager. If Woody keeps failing his badges then Pulis stays on as manager until we can find a replacement.

If things pan out how you describe (which is what I'm expecting) I'll be taking a couple of years away from the club. I'll be watching from a distance hoping that Gibson either sells up or comes to his senses.

This is coming from someone that's barely missed a home game in 30 odd years.

If we end up with Pulis again then I will no longer want Gibson as chairman or owner. It’s bad enough with the comments he makes to try and promote season tickets, but reappointing Pulis will show total contempt for the fan base.

Also - if Woody keeps failing his coaching exams (which sounds unlikely as pretty much everyone passes) then why would we even consider him for the much harder task of managing us? Think i’d class that rumour as just speculation, unless someone itk can confirm

If we end up with Pulis again then I will no longer want Gibson as chairman or owner. It’s bad enough with the comments he makes to try and promote season tickets, but reappointing Pulis will show total contempt for the fan base.

Also - if Woody keeps failing his coaching exams (which sounds unlikely as pretty much everyone passes) then why would we even consider him for the much harder task of managing us? Think i’d class that rumour as just speculation, unless someone itk can confirm

Woodgate has indeed failed the assessment for his badges. I can confirm this.

If things pan out how you describe (which is what I'm expecting) I'll be taking a couple of years away from the club. I'll be watching from a distance hoping that Gibson either sells up or comes to his senses.

This is coming from someone that's barely missed a home game in 30 odd years.

D.Z. By all the talk doing it’s rounds it does suggest something on the lines stated. I only hope the rumors are way off target but I fear not. SG is selling out the club and I believe it’s more to do with self preservation than the benefit of the town and fans. SG the once local hero has slowly but surly withdrawn his association and I feel the club will be tailored to suit the town and self financing.