• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

The shots stat is totally misleading. A shot from the edge of the box is nothing like a clear cut chance. Anyone got our expected goals scored stat?

Can't find it now, but I saw the xG table this weekend and we were only a place higher than we are currently.

I'd be very interested to see that if you can find it again

The shots stat is totally misleading. A shot from the edge of the box is nothing like a clear cut chance. Anyone got our expected goals scored stat?

Can't find it now, but I saw the xG table this weekend and we were only a place higher than we are currently.

I'd be very interested to see that if you can find it again

It was on Twitter, I've term searched it again but can't seem to find it. There's a Sheff Utd account called Blades Analytics that used to post one every week but they've understandably been preoccupied this weekend.

So our expected wins are actually two fewer than we've had at 17, and expected draws 7 higher at 20, with our xG at 59 rather than the (pathetic) 47 we've actually scored. Which would leave us 1 point and 1 place better off than we currently are.

So our expected wins are actually two fewer than we've had at 17, and expected draws 7 higher at 20, with our xG at 59 rather than the (pathetic) 47 we've actually scored. Which would leave us 1 point and 1 place better off than we currently are.

Think it just goes to show how good Randolph and to a lesser extent our defence is for us that disparity in xGoals conceded to actual goals conceded. As well as how bad our finishing is, all the teams above us have massively exceeded their xGoals whereas we are lagging behind ours by some way.

I was listening to Pulis radio interview and he said something which made me think it has already been decided he is staying. I am not sure if he slipped him when speaking or it is in the lawyer in over analysing someone’s speech too much.

He said the following:

“We haven’t scored enough goals. We have created enough. I put that (the stat) in the programme notes for everyone to see. There is a weakness there we have to fill moving forward”.

The fact he said “we” need to fill this weakness and not the club is what got me thinking he is staying.

The stat he was referring to was the following: "During this season we have had 427 shots on target, above average for our league. However, our conversion rate is the third lowest in the league. Only two teams - who have already been relegated - have a lower conversion rate than ourselves. On reflection, we are creating enough chances to win games, but we are not taking them.

427 shots on target??? Since when? That's 10 per game near enough. I can't remember the last time we had 10 shots in a game never mind on target. Seem a like another pulis bull*** stat

I looked and it's 617 shots total and 171 shots on target... One things for sure we do take a lot of shots, but watching the games never seems like we should be scoring more than we are.

I think 427 shots on target is the cumulative total of his entire managerial career to date.

Think it just goes to show how good Randolph and to a lesser extent our defence is for us that disparity in xGoals conceded to actual goals conceded. As well as how bad our finishing is, all the teams above us have massively exceeded their xGoals whereas we are lagging behind ours by some way.

Or, alternatively, that the xGoals stat is an inaccurate forecaster of the actual goals scored and conceded by teams and is therefore not much use?  :oops:

would not touch him with a bargepole

A captain who shags his team mates wives, mocks Americans straight after 911 and other alleged issues.

Indicates a horrible untrustworthy person

would not touch him with a bargepole

A captain who shags his team mates wives, mocks Americans straight after 911 and other alleged issues.

Indicates a horrible untrustworthy person

Who’s wife did he shag?

Wasn't i Bridge's ex-girlfriend?

Anyways I wouldn't want him here. We need someone with less of an ego. Sol Campbell looks like he is doing a decent jo saving Macclesfield, although a job at Boro might be too big a step so early in his managerial career.

Wasn't i Bridge's ex-girlfriend?

Anyways I wouldn't want him here. We need someone with less of an ego. Sol Campbell looks like he is doing a decent jo saving Macclesfield, although a job at Boro might be too big a step so early in his managerial career.

Yeah it was Bridge's ex-girlfriend.  He did cheat on his wife with her though.

Hilariously, John Terry once won Dad of the Year, around the time he was porking his team-mate's girlfriend. He makes Woodgate look like a Benedictine monk. I'd rather have anyone else in charge than him (and the current incumbent, obvs).