oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

We have lots of players contracts finishing this summer. Off the top of my head there's Mikel, Downing, Besic, Van la Parra, McQueen, Besic, Hugill, Lonergan and Dimi. That's a serious amount of wages freed up. However, we'll have Braithwaite and Johnson back here. The likes of Johnson and Gestede will surely be free to leave as they're just not good enough. There's a few big earners who we're surely going to be open to letting leave like for the right deal like Randolph, Ayala, Friend, Clayton, Howson, Braithwaite and Assombalonga but I doubt that a lot of them will leave.

Our team is built with players on wages far higher than their ability and the team lacks any sort of natural balance, so we can still surely improve whilst cutting the budget. We need to learn from the likes of Norwich and Sheffield United.

This is why it is so important that Pulis goes. If he stays I think we will sign Besic and Hugill and sell some of the youth players (Tav, Fry) to pay for his plodders. A new manager should be able to get more out of the squad, but I am resigned to having a Mowbray era restructure and a team of worse quality and dodgey loans...

I really hope Gibson is not determined to cut too fast, as selling the good players and keeping the plodders leaves us with an awful team that could really struggle (i.e. if we sell Tav, Fry, Clayton, Britt, Randolph)

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I haven’t seen many people giving him credit for it but I’ve seen plenty of people making things up about it to have dig at him.

So because someone knows something you don't they've made it up?

No not always. Just times like when you made up that he said he’d done miracles with the medical department.

When did I say he said that?

I just said I'm surprised he isn't saying that, due to the statement he made in Jan about his involvement in it.

You than asked for proof he'd even said he was involved in any way, which you got, so now you are going to just tediously twist on instead of just accepting you hadn't read the article and were wrong in your post - it's no big deal you know.

I notice he's not banging out about all the miracles he's working with the medical team to reduce injuries and speed up recovery.

If he did I’d like to see the quote about the medical team where he says that he’s worked miracles. Even quotes with major/complete changes made to medical team would do.

Here you go...

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/17359423.pulis-happy-with-overhaul-of-middlesbrough-academy-and-medical-team/

Pulis has also introduced some medical changes. Isn’t anything like miracle, complete or major.

I have no doubt that he has made some changes to the medical side the same as I have no doubt monk made changes too.

Just say "I was wrong" it won't hurt.

My post was a tongue in cheek swipe not a word for word quote.

As you can see in your first comment you did say it and if you read my last comments I ask for proof that he said miracles,major or complete in he’s quotes about the medical department.

I have read the article that’s how I knew it only said pulis has also introduced SOME medical changes maybe yourself and other should read it then you won’t continue to misquote it.

"" I notice he's not banging out about all the miracles he's working with the medical team to reduce injuries and speed up recovery.""

Where in that statement did I say HE SAID he was working miracles? I was actually pointing out he'd shut up about how great the medical department was since he mentioned it, seeing as our back four are all in there.

Mate, if you're that desperate to be right in your sad little world then high five yourself.

Asked about what TP has done behind the scenes and I quote from a member of playing / management personnel who is not involved with first team I must add.... looking in we can see no changes what so ever just that our youth programmes are getting seriously overlooked. Take that as you will..

:omg: :oops: :liar: :cowboy:

Asked about what TP has done behind the scenes and I quote from a member of playing / management personnel who is not involved with first team I must add.... looking in we can see no changes what so ever just that our youth programmes are getting seriously overlooked. Take that as you will..

I have no reason to doubt that whatsoever - thanks for the info.

Not surprising although in his defense he has included a lot of young players around the first team squad albeit in the cup and late in the season due to injuries. I have no reason to doubt your info as there is nothing concrete to suggest otherwise.

What’s Patrick Viera up to? I though he was supposed to be the next big thing although that has gone a bit quite? Or have I just missed something with him

So because someone knows something you don't they've made it up?

No not always. Just times like when you made up that he said he’d done miracles with the medical department.

I just said I'm surprised he isn't saying that, due to the statement he made in Jan about his involvement in it.

You than asked for proof he'd even said he was involved in any way, which you got, so now you are going to just tediously twist on instead of just accepting you hadn't read the article and were wrong in your post - it's no big deal you know.

I notice he's not banging out about all the miracles he's working with the medical team to reduce injuries and speed up recovery.

Pulis has also introduced some medical changes. Isn’t anything like miracle, complete or major.

I have no doubt that he has made some changes to the medical side the same as I have no doubt monk made changes too.

As you can see in your first comment you did say it and if you read my last comments I ask for proof that he said miracles,major or complete in he’s quotes about the medical department.

I have read the article that’s how I knew it only said pulis has also introduced SOME medical changes maybe yourself and other should read it then you won’t continue to misquote it.

"" I notice he's not banging out about all the miracles he's working with the medical team to reduce injuries and speed up recovery.""

Where in that statement did I say HE SAID he was working miracles? I was actually pointing out he'd shut up about how great the medical department was since he mentioned it, seeing as our back four are all in there.

Mate, if you're that desperate to be right in your sad little world then high five yourself.

My apologies I read it like you where just misquoting pulis on medical changes like others have. I didn’t realise you were just making something completely up to have a go at him.

My apologies I read it like you where just misquoting pulis on medical changes like others have. I didn’t realise you were just making something completely up to have a go at him.

Apology accepted. You're boring me now though so your time consuming efforts are probably better spent elsewhere.

Just been told that Pulis is set to sign a one year extension, you can either believe me or not, i'm not going to post proof.

Please god no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just been told that Pulis is set to sign a one year extension, you can either believe me or not, i'm not going to post proof.

You never do, at least you've actually supplied the information this time though - we'll done you

I've heard he's leaving and it will be announced soon. Didn't want to post it really because it's exactly what i want but there you go. Comes from a relation of a former player. May be true. May not. Time will tell I guess

If he signs a new contract I’ll write off next season already. Surely Gibson can’t be that stupid. With emphasis on downright stupid. The riverside is going to be a morgue unless we magically play differently but that will never happen.

I've heard he's leaving and it will be announced soon. Didn't want to post it really because it's exactly what i want but there you go. Comes from a relation of a former player. May be true. May not. Time will tell I guess

Heh, one of us will be right, time will indeed tell! (Your source sounds a bit more legit, though lol)

Heh, one of us will be right, time will indeed tell! (Your source sounds a bit more legit, though lol)

She's told me stuff before but only after the fact. Stuff about rifts in the karanka camp etc. She also doesn't like pulis though so I'm not holding my breath !!