oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Head Coach Thread.

Please can we bring Hughton back up here. He's managed another North East club in the past, so surely that would fit with the club's 'local' obsession, and Gibbo wouldn't need to pay compensation to get him. Also has a track record of promotion from the championship.

Please...

Leicester won the premiership with a strong defence, a 'long ball' philosophy and pace up top

Brighton scores 25 more goals than us in the Championship just two years ago compared with us this year. And arguably with a much cheaper team. The year before that they were the joint highest scorers and scored 23 goals more than we did this year. Just on that account it would be a significant step forward. Hughton may be younger than Pulis but he has already learned that goals win games.

Hughton or Jokanovic both as proven as can be in the Championship. We have to get one of them.

If this is true, I will be a very happy bunny. But I'm overwriting my initial euphoric post because it hasn't actually been confirmed by MFC yet. Still, it's the best news we've had in 18 months...

"*** off tony pulis, your going down for noncing, get out my club, get out my club"

been singing this for the past 5 minutes straight haha

I can sense an air of positivity and optimism returning to the forum already!

Hes gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have a source?

Gazette, have posted it on Twitter

Up the Boro! I like the sound of them wanting an attacking and adventurous manager too. Sounding positive!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• 4 wins all season is a joke.  Any other manager that wasnt Woodgate would be long gone by now.  In the summer, fair enough, give a rookie a chance. But by christmas time more damage will be done by not getting rid of him.  It is a results business. Repeat. It is a results business.  Woodgate should do the best thing for our CLUB and walk away. Admit defeat and that he was out of his depth.  Gibson should have done this weeks ago. But alas. Here we are.  4 wins all season. 5 points off rock bottom. With the squad we have???? Just when will the tipping point be?
    • It's becoming quite comical now isn't it seeing Woody come up with the same excuses and then the player doing the player reaction more or less saying the same thing lol
    • Just another one to add to the ‘unlucky’ list...
    • Swansea v Boro 14-Dec-2019 https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WHSDQWP
    • Yes ill discipline probably cost us the game, but how the f##k Woody has the audacity to say we were the better team before that is beyond me! What the hell was he watching? Blamed the referee for the 3 decisions when I thought the refferee got all 3 decisions correctly. Completely inept and the ill discipline is down to woody and his coaching staff. Wouldn't surprise me Woody asking players to get sent off so he can fine them and save bit of money on the wages for his bum chum messiah Mr Gibson. I am sick to death of the same *** house poor excuses every week from Woody.  Buckle up fans as he is here to stay at least until March international break. Ps before I finish my rant - evening Gazette, BBC tees are both sh*t houses and completely disrespecting the fans. Grow some balls and come out and tell the truth of how you really feel and stop brown nosing the club because you are afraid of being punished by Mr Gibson again. Massive game against Stoke Friday awaits us!