oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Head Coach Thread.

I was told by 2 different people on Saturday that he was staying. Never been happier that they were wrong.

It would've been a very long summer if he was staying.

Up the Boro! I like the sound of them wanting an attacking and adventurous manager too. Sounding positive!

Yes so I suppose that rules Hughton out.

My prayers to the footballing gods seem to have been answered.

Now just to wait for the official mfc announcement!

Anyone think the timing of this with Hughton being sacked this morning is telling?

Anyone think the timing of this with Hughton being sacked this morning is telling?

Hopefully, think it would be a good appointment to transition the team, a manager with a lot of experience turning Championship clubs into promotion contenders.

Depends if that throwaway comment about an attacking manager is legit, and whether they consider hughton attacking and adventurous.

I guess it depends whether we regard the development of youth and attacking flair as the priority, or simply promotion to the riches of the PL. Hughton could almost certainly achieve the latter, but he's not renowned for the former. He's far better than Pulis, and I'd have him here in a heartbeat, but he did spend a lot at Brighton and end up playing ten behind the ball for half this season...

Think this also shows that they probably did take the fan survey seriously.

To be fair, I think just being present at the Riverside this season would have given a fair indication to Gibson about the fan's attitude towards Pulis.

Hopefully this is just the start of a bright new chapter of MFC. I hope whoever the appointment is that everyone feels capable of getting behind them and unite as a fan-base once more. Can't say I'd be jumping through hoops for Hughton despite the job he's done in this division but I'm willing to give whoever comes in a chance at giving us something to cheer for.

Out of interest, assuming this news follows through and Pulis leaves, how many will choose to renew if you can before we find out who replaces him?