oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Lol at you all getting excited over a gazette article which actually says nothing we didn't already know.

Bless you all :)

You moan about people slagging you off them come out with stuff like that. *** off you melt ?

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Seems like so many people are desperate to get rid of Pulis that they've started reading lines in articles that don't actually exist.

Seriously, re-read that article and tell me where it says SG has decided not to renew his contract. I must've missed it.

Seems like so many people are desperate to get rid of Pulis that they've started reading lines in articles that don't actually exist.

Seriously, re-read that article and tell me where it says SG has decided not to renew his contract. I must've missed it.

The manager won't have his deal renewed after missing promotion target and losing the faith of fans

DZ - i think people are getting excited by fact Gazette are saying he is set to leave later this week and state they been informed of this by someone from within the club hierschy. By all accounts that is a fairly big statement for the Gazette to make.

I respect you have taken a different view on the article but can i kindly that none of us ending up having any unnecessary arguments on here. It derails the thread and lets be honest right now its a thread worth reading without having to be subjected to people bickering. Thank you

For what it is worth i would like one of Arteta, Jokanovic or Hughton.

There is something about Arteta that excites me. Not sure what not.

There’s no need to be upset pal

DZ - i think people are getting excited by fact Gazette are saying he is set to leave later this week and state they been informed of this by someone from within the club hierschy. By all accounts that is a fairly big statement for the Gazette to make.

I respect you have taken a different view on the article but can i kindly that none of us ending up having any unnecessary arguments on here. It derails the thread and lets be honest right now its a thread worth reading without having to be subjected to people bickering. Thank you

For what it is worth i would like one of Arteta, Jokanovic or Hughton.

There is something about Arteta that excites me. Not sure what not.

Kindly ask*

End up*

Not sure what tho*

Apologies for all the spelling errors. Typing on my phone

There’s no need to be upset pal

Yeah exactly.  Sometimes people get things wrong.  I've never experienced it myself but it can't be that bad surely.

I wouldn't be against Hughton personally even if he seems to get stale at clubs he does know how to set a team up but he loves a 1 up front system which would suit Fletcher not so much Britt so probably would be another striker hunt inbound? Whatever the next chapter is here we shouldn't pretend like it's a blank slate of a squad we have alot of money tied up in alot of players that are going to have to be worked into the managers plans even if we sell Britt/Randolph there's Flint/Saville/McNair that we can't shift and Fletcher that we should not shift.

Jokanovic likes obscure recruitment not sure that fits our domestic transfer model to be honest. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks for sure we appointed Monk a week or so into June so using that timeframe we have maybe 3-4 weeks to find the right guy.

I don’t care what DZ says I have not felt as positive as this for two years and no one is going to burst my bubble. Pulis is on his way out and there are some great candidates out there at the moment. Let us all just enjoy a bit of unity for a change and celebrate the return of of our club. Arteta Houghton or Jokanavich anyone but Pulis UTB

From https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-pulis-poised-leave-middlesbrough-16266438

"The manager won't have his deal renewed after missing promotion target and losing the faith of fans"

"The manager’s 18-month Boro contract is set to expire and will not be renewed."

Now, it does not mention SG, but as it seems likely he's the only one who could renew the contract, the article is literally stating SG will not renew TPs contract.

I still dont buy that hughton is a defensive coach. I think this season he went into his shell when the prospect of relegation became more and more real.

If you look at his lineups he always played with two out and out wingers and a striker at least (already one or two up on pulis) but more often than not hed either play 442 or 4231.

Example being on boxing day v ***nal he play March and gross on the wings, propper as a deeper play maker and locadia and Murray up top. His subs that day, when drawing 1-1 against ***nal were to bring knockaert and andone off the bench. that's just one example, but also doesnt even include jankabash (sp?) Who is another attacking winger who got plenty of game time.

Just been told that Pulis is set to sign a one year extension, you can either believe me or not, i'm not going to post proof.

Lol at you all getting excited over a gazette article which actually says nothing we didn't already know.

Bless you all :)

Maybe it's time to post that proof?

From https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/tony-pulis-poised-leave-middlesbrough-16266438

"The manager won't have his deal renewed after missing promotion target and losing the faith of fans"

"The manager’s 18-month Boro contract is set to expire and will not be renewed."

Now, it does not mention SG, but as it seems likely he's the only one who could renew the contract, the article is literally stating SG will not renew TPs contract.

Agree. The article has definitely said "will not be renewed". Usually, the EG are very careful with this sort of wording and will usually not speak so definitively. This has been confirmed to them by someone very senior.

I don’t care what DZ says I have not felt as positive as this for two years and no one is going to burst my bubble. Pulis is on his way out and there are some great candidates out there at the moment. Let us all just enjoy a bit of unity for a change and celebrate the return of of our club. Arteta Houghton or Jokanavich anyone but Pulis UTB