oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

I loved Karanka but the guy went AWOL, had meltdown or whatever it was.  Do we want that again?  Didn't he lose the dressing room etc.  Recipe for disaster personally

Well yeah and then we sacked him.  Just to repeat, we sacked him.  We decided he wasn't the right person for the job.  By we I mean Steve Gibson of course.  

It was 'exciting' under Karanka because we'd had a few years of being crap and then suddenly we weren't crap and we were challenging for promotion.  The football wasn't exciting although it was certainly better than what we've witnessed recently.  

I suppose him falling out with everyone including the fans at various times could be considered to be exciting in a roundabout way.  I do seem to remember a lot of posts on this forum when he had his flounce but I'm not sure that's a reason to give him the job again.

Exactly we sacked him, it's too easy to just have him back.  He was great and yeah it was crap before him but it's a no from me.  Start again please..

Yep, never go back... it applies to both holidays and to managers

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Gerardo Seoane is in the SkyBet betting at 14/1... Young Boys coach in Switzerland.

Looking at the stats his team looked like the Man City of Switzerland.

Young boy's have been hugely dominant in the Swiss league this season, which is still a good achievement.

But the vast majority of that squad and foundations were created by the previous manager.

Gerardo Seoane is in the SkyBet betting at 14/1... Young Boys coach in Switzerland.

Young boy's have been hugely dominant in the Swiss league this season, which is still a good achievement.

But the vast majority of that squad and foundations were created by the previous manager.

Maybe we should be after him then?

I loved Karanka but the guy went AWOL, had meltdown or whatever it was.  Do we want that again?  Didn't he lose the dressing room etc.  Recipe for disaster personally

Well yeah and then we sacked him.  Just to repeat, we sacked him.  We decided he wasn't the right person for the job.  By we I mean Steve Gibson of course.  

It was 'exciting' under Karanka because we'd had a few years of being crap and then suddenly we weren't crap and we were challenging for promotion.  The football wasn't exciting although it was certainly better than what we've witnessed recently.  

I suppose him falling out with everyone including the fans at various times could be considered to be exciting in a roundabout way.  I do seem to remember a lot of posts on this forum when he had his flounce but I'm not sure that's a reason to give him the job again.

Exactly we sacked him, it's too easy to just have him back.  He was great and yeah it was crap before him but it's a no from me.  Start again please..

Yep, never go back... it applies to both holidays and to managers

And fireworks.

Arteta has to be our number 1 choice if it’s true about him coming up here, the young boys manager is an interesting name though. It’s good to finally see a few ‘out there’ names even if it is just an odds list.

Maybe we should be after him then?

Their football is definitely "Free-flowing and attacking"!

Not sure why Sol would even be on any list to be honest he just finished 22nd in League 2. I'd rule out Woodgate and the league 1/2 names myself that's way too risky for me I'd hope Rowett would be higher up my list than any of those names. The exotic names are interesting as well so we'll see with Becker we've 180'd our transfer policy maybe we'll do the same with the British manager trend we usually follow.

Not sure why Sol would even be on any list to be honest he just finished 22nd in League 2. I'd rule out Woodgate and the league 1/2 names myself that's way too risky for me I'd hope Rowett would be higher up my list than any of those names. The exotic names are interesting as well so we'll see with Becker we've 180'd our transfer policy maybe we'll do the same with the British manager trend we usually follow.

Rowett's brand of football cannot be described as "exciting" or "attacking" so i dont think he should be in the mix

Wouldn’t want rowette, you’d just have Karanka back or get hughton, he’s another meme manager who’s reputation for some reason is higher than the reality.

SkyBet have Danny Cowley at 14/1..

..unfortunately they have Woodgate at 2/5.

I'm not onboard the Cowley bandwagon myself. Don't get me wrong him and his brother have done well in terms of promotions at Lincoln. But they have been criticised heavily for their direct, physical style of play. Which sounds the opposite to what we want.

I don't think we should try and stray too far from where we are, we've got a solid defensive base which we should try to build on, shouldn't be throwing the baby out with the bath water going for wildly different styles every time we look for a new manager.

Or if we are we need to give the manager at least a season without any pressure on results to try and turn us around.

Someone posted on here recently that we might not need a complete rebuild. We've got a fairly solid base, if we could add pace and energy in the fullback and wide positions then things would suddenly look more positive.

Someone posted on here recently that we might not need a complete rebuild. We've got a fairly solid base, if we could add pace and energy in the fullback and wide positions then things would suddenly look more positive.

I agree we can still have a solid defence with Fullbacks that step into the opponents half and "only" 2 CMs as evidenced by Karanka's Championship reign.