oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Latest message I have had says club have 8 potential targets that they think are viable. Trying to get names but source says club been inundated with applicants

Lol why are we all of a sudden an attractive club to manage after the trainwreck of a season we've had, playing some of the worst football known to man?

He didnt say they were GOOD applicants. They could be all football manager players applying lol.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Yep I don’t get why so many of our fans have such a downer on us, a new manager won’t care about last season. He will care about what it’s like to work here, what he can get out of the squad, how much money he has to play with and his pay packet.

It’s like people that say oh we wouldn’t get stendel because he will want a go at this league with Barnsley, same with cowley. Personally I think the fact we could triple, quadruple or even x10 their current wage will be a huge temptation. Even for managers at smaller foreign clubs.

Pal Dardai the Hertha Berlin manager is leaving, and there is a private jet in from Berlin today. Welcome, Pal!

This info you’ve heard?

Anyone know much about this guy

Pal Dardai the Hertha Berlin manager is leaving, and there is a private jet in from Berlin today. Welcome, Pal!

This info you’ve heard?

Anyone know much about this guy

nah i haven't heard anything mate. Was just trying to piece together random info haha. By all accounts hes decent. Had a bad run lately though. 5 losses in a row i think so he'd be fine here

We are a big club who pay well and have a historically patient chairman.

We have a good relatively recent history in Europe.

We’ve just got rid of a horrendous manager who the fans despise.

Why wouldn’t a manager think this was a great opportunity. I’m sure we will have a lot of high quality applicants.

Not against the Cowley brothers coming in but they don't play a style you'd call progressive or attractive. It's usually very direct to a target man striker (see Matt Rhead). Perhaps he's only played to the strengths of what's available to him but he's been there a number of years and not attempted to change his approach. Luton have been promoted from the same leagues playing in a completely different attractive, progressive and attacking style so it's not impossible at that level.

Why wouldn’t a manager think this was a great opportunity. I’m sure we will have a lot of high quality applicants.

Over a decade ago is recent to you? We've had FIVE managers since then!

Not against the Cowley brothers coming in but they don't play a style you'd call progressive or attractive. It's usually very direct to a target man striker (see Matt Rhead). Perhaps he's only played to the strengths of what's available to him but he's been there a number of years and attempted to change his approach. Luton have been promoted from the same leagues playing in a completely different attractive, progressive and attacking style so it's not impossible at that level.

It's been pointed out in this thread already but Cowley has said himself he plays that way because that's what's most effective for the players he has.

At this point you have to take him on face value because we dont know yet whether he can change tact if he has different players

This thread is quite amusing.  We've gone from the football is terrible, we're sick of it, we want something different to actually there's not much that needs changing if we just add a player here and there that will do the trick.  Absolutely mental some of you  :heart:

No one has said we're a couple of players away from playing like Man City, but with a couple of flair players or players with pace we'd have the ability to be more positive (if we had a more positive manager). It's about changing mindset as much as anything.

If we want to get promoted playing like the Man City of the championship then obviously that's a bigger job!

Agree bit of a daft post.

Randolph doesn’t need changing

Ayala, fry and flint are a good enough cb pool

Out of Clayton, Howson, saville and Wing there must be a partnership good enough.

Ask any fan and they will say width and full backs and some kind of central forward/striker.

That’s 5 players which is pretty much half the team so a fair bit more than ‘a player here and there’.

Here they come.  Duvel and Lino leading the way as usual  :disappointed: :upside_down:

Over a decade ago is recent to you? We've had FIVE managers since then!

We had a nice time over in Austria last summer.