oneBoro Forum
BearSmog

The Head Coach Thread.

we should get frank rijkaard as manager managed barcelona for 5 years and brought 30 youth player through in that time

I saw someone on twitter ask skybet for odds on Tim Walter being Boro boss about 2 weeks ago

Said someone in the know told him he was having talks with the club

Graham Potter set to become Brighton's manager.

His name has been consistently mentioned on here, hasn't it?

Think he was mentioned as a want before he went to Swansea. Cant remember any links though.

Another club to compete with for a new manager. Think it's a big risk for Potter and Brighton tbh.

Had a few drinks with my source last night and only got a small update... interviews begin on Tuesday but being held in London by Kenyon and Gibson. 8 has now become 6...2 priced themselves out. Doesn’t expect announcement until first week of June. We defo don’t have much to spend on players... he said he wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of the older guard moved on... club wants a complete reshape. Gibson has realised to many players have been at our club for a payday. In terms of names... told we are after a foreign coach if possible but was also told woodgate is also high in SG thinking. Will add more into the transfers page as bits and pieces on that as well

Had a few drinks with my source last night and only got a small update... interviews begin on Tuesday but being held in London by Kenyon and Gibson. 8 has now become 6...2 priced themselves out. Doesn’t expect announcement until first week of June. We defo don’t have much to spend on players... he said he wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of the older guard moved on... club wants a complete reshape. Gibson has realised to many players have been at our club for a payday. In terms of names... told we are after a foreign coach if possible but was also told woodgate is also high in SG thinking. Will add more into the transfers page as bits and pieces on that as well

Did he tell you who the two that priced themselves out? Cheers SDS

No mate he was honest to say he can’t guarantee names are correct so would rather not say anything until he has something concrete

Interesting stuff. It sounds like the process used for AK. Actually assessing the candidates and their ability and interest in Boro. Expect loads of PowerPoints explaining why Randolph, Fry, Wing and Tav must not be sold.

Re people pricing themselves out I imagine they may include Arteta, unlikely to be Cowley, Walter.

So are we talking

Cowley

Walter

Woodgate

Karanka

??

??

who’s the other two?

No mate he was honest to say he can’t guarantee names are correct so would rather not say anything until he has something concrete

No worries. Interesting times ahead.

Interesting stuff. It sounds like the process used for AK. Actually assessing the candidates and their ability and interest in Boro. Expect loads of PowerPoints explaining why Randolph, Fry, Wing and Tav must not be sold.

Re people pricing themselves out I imagine they may include Arteta, unlikely to be Cowley, Walter.

So are we talking

Cowley

Walter

Woodgate

Karanka

??

??

who’s the other two?

Jokanovic I bet.

So are we talking

Cowley

Walter

Woodgate

Karanka

??

??

who’s the other two?

Jokanovic I bet.

Hughton, forgot him. Would Jokanovic be in the too expensive list?

So are we talking

Cowley

Walter

Woodgate

Karanka

??

??

who’s the other two?

Jokanovic I bet.

Hughton, forgot him. Would Jokanovic be in the too expensive list?

The Dutch options Reizeiger and GVB would hardly be in the too expensive bracket?

I thought Reizeiger was getting promoted at Ajax. Just speculating In my head. Happy for names to be added removed. I wonder if we can get a consensus by the end of the day?

Kompany now he’s left City?