oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Who was it that said pulis wage would of dropped to £20k a week if he had stayed?

Alan Nixon, who also thinks that a manager who's contract ran out got a 1 year payout...

I thought it was Nixon.

So he contradicted himself going from pulis having a 12 month rolling contract one day to pulis leaving because he would of had to take a pay cut to get a new 12 month deal the next day. Suppose if he makes enough different claims he’ll get one right.

Those two things aren't contradictory.  A rolling contract simply continues until someone decides to end it.  It's conceivable that Gibson wanted Pulis to stay on but not at the salary he had been on.  In practice I'm not sure how much difference it makes what the contract is called but rather what's in it.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Who was it that said pulis wage would of dropped to £20k a week if he had stayed?

Alan Nixon, who also thinks that a manager who's contract ran out got a 1 year payout...

I thought it was Nixon.

So he contradicted himself going from pulis having a 12 month rolling contract one day to pulis leaving because he would of had to take a pay cut to get a new 12 month deal the next day. Suppose if he makes enough different claims he’ll get one right.

Those two things aren't contradictory.  A rolling contract simply continues until someone decides to end it.  It's conceivable that Gibson wanted Pulis to stay on but not at the salary he had been on.  In practice I'm not sure how much difference it makes what the contract is called but rather what's in it.

why was it stated as a 18 month contract if it was a rolling contract, surely it would have just been described as a rolling contract.

I thought it was Nixon.

why was it stated as a 18 month contract if it was a rolling contract, surely it would have just been described as a rolling contract.

I don't know, I didn't write the bloody thing!  :upside_down:

I thought it was Nixon.

If a contract needs to be renewed after 18 months it not a 12 month rolling contract.

Stendel. Cowley. Reiziger. Hughton. GVB. Campbell. Arteta.

Literally most the human race I'd have ahead of Woody.

Woody wouldn't be my first choice but I look at similar ex-players like Gerrard and Lee Bowyer; both have questionable pasts, social media rumours, etc.. now given a chance and have started to prove everyone wrong. 

The club hold him in high regard for reason. Give him an experienced DoF and it could be ideal.

How come people are still saying reiziger? Hasn’t he just got a new job at Ajax?

Pretty gutted we’ve missed out on Walter tbh, I like stendel but I’m not sure I could see him leaving Barnsley yet after watching that video yesterday.

I thought it was Nixon.

If a contract needs to be renewed after 18 months it not a 12 month rolling contract.

Indeed.  But if the original agreement between the two of them was something along of the lines of lets see how things look at the end of this season (the first 6 months) and if we're happy we'll continue and take another look in a further 12 months then whilst it isn't a 12 month rolling contract or an 18 month rolling contract, in practical terms that's exactly what it is.  If they'd both been happy to continue from this point I suspect they'd be having another chat in 12 months to decide whether to continue on or not.  It seems quite logical and sensible to me that they'd do it that way as it gives both parties the option to move on if either are unhappy.

For me we should put what ever funds available towards a manager, first and foremost.

Maybe he'll get more out of the players than 2 extra signings could do?

It's all ifs and buts but sometimes you have to pay to get someone to do a good job. Not that it will guarantee success obviously but still I'm dissapointed we'd go for the cheapo option after the wreck of Pulis.

Woody wouldn't be my first choice but I look at similar ex-players like Gerrard and Lee Bowyer; both have questionable pasts, social media rumours, etc.. now given a chance and have started to prove everyone wrong. 

The club hold him in high regard for reason. Give him an experienced DoF and it could be ideal.

I'm pretty sure it's Gibson that holds him in such high regard same as downing no?

The 'club' (I assume you mean Gibson) seemingly hold lots of people in high regard who have shown nothing to suggest why this would be.  That's how Steve Agnew ended up replacing Karanka until the end of the season.  I have no idea what type of manager/head coach Woodgate would make though as he's never done the job but as a person there would be some obvious misgivings.  The club's views mean diddly squat to me however.

I thought it was Nixon.

Indeed.  But if the original agreement between the two of them was something along of the lines of lets see how things look at the end of this season (the first 6 months) and if we're happy we'll continue and take another look in a further 12 months then whilst it isn't a 12 month rolling contract or an 18 month rolling contract, in practical terms that's exactly what it is.  If they'd both been happy to continue from this point I suspect they'd be having another chat in 12 months to decide whether to continue on or not.  It seems quite logical and sensible to me that they'd do it that way as it gives both parties the option to move on if either are unhappy.

A 12 month rolling contract always has 12 months left on it IE pulis would of had 12 months left on his contract in December and still had 12 months left on his contract last week. That’s why Nixon was claiming pulis would get 12 months wage has a pay off.

My guess would be hughton or Phil Neville.

Also I just checked out that Kasper Hjulmand, and not the greatest record ever, flopped massively in Germany and only seems to do well at that one danish club.