oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

A 12 month rolling contract always has 12 months left on it IE pulis would of had 12 months left on his contract in December and still had 12 months left on his contract last week. That’s why Nixon was claiming pulis would get 12 months wage has a pay off.

It would have been 12 months from the end of his first season if they'd agreed that between them - see how things look at the end of the season and carry on from there.  I've got no idea what Nixon was claiming, other than what I've seen on here, as I don't even know what paper he writes for.  I'm saying what I think was the situation and why he might have said what I've seen on here.  It's possible to get some information but not all of it and then end up coming to an incorrect conclusion.  My own thoughts are that Gibson and Pulis had agreed between themselves what they'd do regardless of what was written into the contract or that the contract was written in such a way as to legally put in place as close to what they wanted to do, which was to give them both the opportunity to walk away at this time if they wanted but with the hope that they'd both want to continue on beyond this point.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

We have this debate every transfer window and I'll say it again. Nixon is not the oracle, he gets just as much wrong as he gets right.

He was arguing with our fans on Twitter 3 years and saying Downing wasn't coming back and trying to ridicule people who disagreed with him, he was doing this while Downing was at Rockcliffe having a medical.

It's not even like we are talking about a top journalist, he's a minor reporter for a newspaper that has a reputation for telling lies.

Hes only got a reputation because hes one of the few journalists that pretty much sits on Twitter all day answering peoples questions. His knowledge isn't great, it's just pure quantity!

Hes only got a reputation because hes one of the few journalists that pretty much sits on Twitter all day answering peoples questions. His knowledge isn't great, it's just pure quantity!

Exactly, it's quantity over quality. People see him answering all these questions and assume he knows everything.

You don't see someone like Henry Winter sat on Twitter all day talking about transfer rumours.

We have this debate every transfer window and I'll say it again. Nixon is not the oracle, he gets just as much wrong as he gets right.

He was arguing with our fans on Twitter 3 years and saying Downing wasn't coming back and trying to ridicule people who disagreed with him, he was doing this while Downing was at Rockcliffe having a medical.

It's not even like we are talking about a top journalist, he's a minor reporter for a newspaper that has a reputation for telling lies.

He did the same with Mikel recently, he also said it looked like Pulis was staying. 

He writes that many transfer articles that he's bound to get some right.

If it was a 1 year rolling contract wouldn’t you need to tell him it’s not getting renewed 5 minutes after he signed the damn thing. Otherwise you’d end up paying another year just to get rid of him.

As bad as some of our business deals go. Surely no one is daft enough to go for a contract like that?

If it was a 1 year rolling contract wouldn’t you need to tell him it’s not getting renewed 5 minutes after he signed the damn thing. Otherwise you’d end up paying  another year just to get rid of him.

As bad as some of our business deals go. Surely no one is daft enough to go for a contract like that?

No.

If it was a 1 year rolling contract wouldn’t you need to tell him it’s not getting renewed 5 minutes after he signed the damn thing. Otherwise you’d end up paying  another year just to get rid of him.

No.

That’s good. Glad you cleared it up ;)

FWIW I didnt think it was either. But if you went by what Nixon said you may have got that conclusion. Fud (Nixon not you CT)

If it was a 1 year rolling contract wouldn’t you need to tell him it’s not getting renewed 5 minutes after he signed the damn thing. Otherwise you’d end up paying another year just to get rid of him.

No because he signed it 18 months ago :) but if it was a rolling contract we will have to pay he’s wages until 17th May 2020.