oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

He has probably looked at what Frank Lampard has done at Derby County and now wants to start his owj managerial career. That would be a typical Steve Gibson appointment - would have first dabs on Chelsea loanees!

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Not particularly fussed on Terry - dont like the thought of going from one man I dont like as a person to another. No idea what hed be like as a manager, but the one positive would be his links to Chelsea. Well be relying on a couple of loans this season, that's for sure.

Not particularly fussed on Terry - dont like the thought of going from one man I dont like as a person to another. No idea what hed be like as a manager, but the one positive would be his links to Chelsea. Well be relying on a couple of loans this season, that's for sure.

He's the type of big name ex player that might be worth a shot especially with his Chelsea links. But I agree with you he's not really the type of person I want in charge of the club.

John Terry always struck me as arrogant, I'm not sure he'd lower himself for the likes of us.

About Jokanovic's wage demands, surely we would have had an informal discussion with him or his agent about how much we'd be willing to pay before it got to the interview stage. I always thought the interview would be more about the direction the club wanted to go, the style of play etc and seeing whether it matched up with the candidate.

Interesting day. I’d have Jokanovic in an instant personally, but can’t see it happening still as he’ll be expensive and doubt he’ll want to move this far north! Would be great though.

Terry - not sure. He’s a complete jive that’s for sure, and unproven. Bit of an unknown quantity in terms of management, similar to Woodgate.

John Terry always struck me as arrogant, I'm not sure he'd lower himself for the likes of us.

If he's applied and about to be interviewed, that would suggest you're impressions of him are wrong.

Personally I'd have Jokanovic, but.. it took him a long time to get Fulham motoring, it wasn't instant success and it only lasted half a season - after a flukey win at the Riverside no less. The Boro crowd isn't known for its patience.

I'd prefer to go Woodgate/experienced DoF (McClaren?) over Terry. Not a fan of his, at all.

Gibson surely had his fill of petulance with Karanka so can't see Jokanovic here for that reason, let alone our lack of cash. Terry, we'll as said above it must be a look what you could have had candidate.

I wonder if these names are being released as to say look at what we tried to get.... perhaps just the cynic in me but for it to be dead quiet and then 2 names within a hr all feels a bit iffy

I was thinking that. It's the same as the Southgate appointment.