oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Jokanovic is very expensive so would be surprised if he comes.

Although he was close when we went for Monk.

Maybe he has realised that he isn't going to get a top league offer and Championship clubs won't bow to his demands. Perhaps he is coming to the conclusion that if he wants a job for next season he better start negotiating his demands. 25k a week as an example I'd guess is a lot more than he'd get in most leagues. Anyone outside the Championship will look at his job at Fulham this season and think no chance we are hiring him. I certainly wouldn't hire him of we were a Prem team but in the Championship he has a very good record and is the direct opposite of what we've just had.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I don’t see how leaking names of other managers will appease the fans. Appointing Woodgate and then saying but look at what you could of won won’t appease me. I’d prefer Gibson to just rip the plaster off and announce it.

If I’d leaked these names I’d be worried. Clearly an attempt to divert and see who is leaking. Looks so obvious.

Still think it’s going to be Karanka.

I think they have both been named in the media rather than ITK types saying it.

Jokanovic is probably the standout for me once you look away from him in the known candidate pool I think there's quite a drop off especially throwing John Terry in the mix I mean Jesus.

Bit disappointed the Stendel link from Barnsley went nowhere he's a very interesting manager in my opinion but at least we ruled out Cowley I think he'd be lucky to land a Preston type job to be honest.

Did Jakanovic only get promoted because of Mitrovic? Discuss.

He didn't have Mitrovic with him at Watford so just maybe he's actually a very good Championship manager? It didn't work out well for him in the Prem with Fulham but that's largely because they went crazy with recruitment like we did when we were promoted. He didn't manage Watford in the Prem.

Did Jakanovic only get promoted because of Mitrovic? Discuss.

No. He only scored 12 of their 82 goals. Sure he was a very deciding factor after joining in the second half of the season but the entire team really clicked as the season went on. Much like Norwich this season. When you have such an attacking ethos you're bound to have a striker who will get a lot of goals.

Ivan Leko has entered the betting... Just left Club Brugge for a new challenge. Did a good job there with some young players.

I'd offer him an interview.

Brugge is jelle vossens club.

Not really related but there we go!

Jokanovic has got proven Championship promotion experience (not from 80 years ago like Poolis) as well as a proven attractive playing style.

Other candidates seem to have one or the other. Or in Woodgates case, neither.

If he can be convinced to move to Boro then it's a no brainer for me!

Jokanovic is a no brainer tbf, delivers on pretty much everything we hope for.

As for his slow start at Fulham, apparently he was on the verge of quitting as their director of football was interfering with team selections and jokanovic wasn’t happy that he had no input over signings.

Their turn round in form coincided with all that arguing getting sorted out. I remember cos I was hoping he’d leave so we could get him to replace monk!

Does anyone find it a bit weird that wba can’t seem to get a new manager? Part of me wonders if there’s some kind of behind the scenes boycoutt because of whatever went on when they sacked Darren Moore. Apparently jokanovic didn’t want to speak to them and there was that report that cowley ‘wasn’t interested’.

Might all be just hear say but still interesting.

Does anyone find it a bit weird that wba can’t seem to get a new manager? Part of me wonders if there’s some kind of behind the scenes boycoutt because of whatever went on when they sacked Darren Moore. Apparently jokanovic didn’t want to speak to them and there was that report that cowley ‘wasn’t interested’.

Might all be just hear say but still interesting.

Or maybe they are just taking a good think about it like us. WBA should be a decent job and I can't imagine anyone boycutting them because they sacked a manager. Both Watford and Southampton sacked their managers straight after promotion and they haven't had any troubles. It's just the nature of the business.

Oh yes please to Jokanavic, everything that we need and even better the exact opposite of Pulis in footballing philosophy. Surely if we can blow north of 10 million to prop up the Pulis family bank account then we can spend the same on a proper manager. Word has it that Jokanavic wanted guarantees on a new player budget with WBA and they would not give him those guarantees. I have a nasty feeling that this is all going to end up as a PR stunt, "well everybody we interviewed all these people but only Woodgate met the criteria"