oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Jokanovic is very expensive so would be surprised if he comes.

That's what I was thinking. Unless we are still expecting to battle for promotion next season, that wouldn't seem like a financially shrewd move. If he does come in though, will make me more sad about when we got shot of Cyrus Christie.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

Put it this way, we were paying pulis a fortune (rumoured £3m a year) and going by his statement Gibson would have gladly gave pulis a new contract.

With pulis, downing, Mikel and hopefully braithwaite off the books that could be close to £1m a month freed up.

Are we as broke as everyone seems to think? I’m not so sure.

John Terry always struck me as arrogant, I'm not sure he'd lower himself for the likes of us.

About Jokanovic's wage demands, surely we would have had an informal discussion with him or his agent about how much we'd be willing to pay before it got to the interview stage.  I always thought the interview would be more about the direction the club wanted to go, the style of play etc and seeing whether it matched up with the candidate.

Well Terry is currently assistant manager at Villa. So even if they get promoted, an actual manager's job at Boro is a step up from that, surely?

You're right about the second bit. It would be very odd for the club to know Jokanovic's demands, know they are too high and then still meet him for an interview.

If you were looking solely at the reaction that fans would have (and subsequently season ticket sales etc), then Jokanovic would be right up there as one of the best choices around.

Put it this way, we were paying pulis a fortune (rumoured £3m a year) and going by his statement Gibson would have gladly gave pulis a new contract.

With pulis, downing, Mikel and hopefully braithwaite off the books that could be close to £1m a month freed up.

Are we as broke as everyone seems to think? I’m not so sure.

I don't think wages will be an issue if it's true that we were paying TP £3m p/y. I think if there is to be a sticking point it would have been whether SJ could bring his own back room team which shouldn't be a problem now after the clear out. Or how much influence SJ has over recruitment.

John Terry always struck me as arrogant, I'm not sure he'd lower himself for the likes of us.

About Jokanovic's wage demands, surely we would have had an informal discussion with him or his agent about how much we'd be willing to pay before it got to the interview stage.  I always thought the interview would be more about the direction the club wanted to go, the style of play etc and seeing whether it matched up with the candidate.

Well Terry is currently assistant manager at Villa. So even if they get promoted, an actual manager's job at Boro is a step up from that, surely?

You're right about the second bit. It would be very odd for the club to know Jokanovic's demands, know they are too high and then still meet him for an interview.

If you were looking solely at the reaction that fans would have (and subsequently season ticket sales etc), then Jokanovic would be right up there as one of the best choices around.

It isn't just his personal demands though, it's who he wants to bring with him and how much would that cost. Then more importantly how much money would he want for transfers?

If Jokanovic walks into an interview and says he needs 50m to get the team promoted then that might rule him out. I'm sure those are the types of discussions that will be had but the interview process will work in both directions I'd expect.

I agree on the Jokanovic bit. Wasnt it reported that 2 names were out of the reckoning due to their wage demands earlier in the week. It seems at least his wages wont be the problem.

On West Brom clearly they are cutting down their expense this season. They have a lot of players who are 28 plus and I'd imagine on premier league wages. It's going to he hard to sell off these players. I think not signing Gayle and I think Jokanovic being "too expensive" show they will be playing it safe rather than the high risk make or break policy Villa seem to have done.

Do we think that if Jokanovic were to join that Braithwaite might stay around? could see him playing a role like Vydra did behind the striker for Watford the season they got promoted. I struggle to see how we can get Braithwaite off the books for a price that's right to be honest...

I think jokanovic would get a lot more out of braithwaite than monk or pulis and he’d be a lot happier, but can we rely on him to last the full season?

If we appoint John Terry then I'll fling myself off the Cleveland Centre roof.

Are you trying to talk them out of it or in to it?  :upside_down:

Which would you prefer?

Well, we could always sack John Terry the day after  :oops: :upside_down:

John Terry is a racist scumbag, and I'm surprised that his interest is even being taken seriously.

This. I don't care about his 'pedigree', I don't want him associated with our club.

John Terry is a racist scumbag, and I'm surprised that his interest is even being taken seriously.

This. I don't care about his 'pedigree', I don't want him associated with our club.

Could say the same for Woodgate?