oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

Either Woodgate or Jokanovic? Where has this rumour come from? Betting odds?

If after 'taking his time over it', SG still chooses Woody it shows a gross disrespect for the intelligence-level of Boro supporters. It's like saying 'we have carefully read the CVs of the two thousand applicants for this job and have decided to appoint from within anyway'. I don't think many people will buy that. Might work at Bulkhaul but not at MFC.

It might show after meeting Jokanovic that they didn't share the same vision for Middlesbrough's future. As in.. low budget, young players, etc..

If Jokanovic reached the interview stage, he must be aware of how the land lies.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

I don't see as fans how we wouldn't be happy with Jokanovic

He ticks all the boxes we have being shouting out for year's.

If he gets the job I would be absolutely over the moon.

The start of a new era for me.

Woodgate on the other hand would start the alarm bells ringing.

Out of everyone available I can’t see anyone who’s better than Jokanovic, didn’t think we’d have a chance. Be interesting to see what happens.

Really hope he gets it. Wasn’t too bothered if Woodgate got it before he was involved but will be a bit gutted now.

Did Fulham spend a huge amount on transfers in the Championship whilst Jokanovic was there?

No, not really, but he brought through Sessegnon, significantly improved Cairney, played attacking football and they were very good to watch. Same as Watford were

Out of everyone available I can’t see anyone who’s better than Jokanovic, didn’t think we’d have a chance. Be interesting to see what happens.

Really hope he gets it. Wasn’t too bothered if Woodgate got it before he was involved but will be a bit gutted now.

I’m surprised it’s actually jokanovic out of the available names, would have expected someone a bit more boring tbh.

Lurker has good info, don’t think he’s reacting to the press.

I don't doubt it but in this instance I'm sceptical. Nobody mentioned Jokanovic until sky broke it. Now suddenly it is "oh yeah heard Jokanovic will get it".

Got my doubts. Especially since Sky have specifically said there are more candidates involved.

Honestly pretty suprised more people wouldn't be buzzing to get Jokanovic...? Interested to know what any doubters see as his perceived downsides, and who they would prefer instead?

The who matters less to me than what our intentions are tbh.  As long as they aren't complete ***holes then it's about the football and what our aims are and how we intend to go about things.