oneBoro Forum

The Head Coach Thread.

What is confusing me slightly, or would be confusing me if I didn't already think that MFC has a certain level of incompetence, is how we've gone from we'll be taking our time, it's important to appoint the right person to after a few days only two people are getting an interview?

I’d be surprised if that’s how it’s gone on. Maybe we had a shortlist of 8 managers that we really wanted. We contacted their agents and in that process quite a few fell away due to finances, not interested etc. The German guy chose Stuttgart, Reiziger decided to stay at Ajax, Van Bronckhorst and Arteta probably turned us down flat. We are now down to two out of those. We might even have started the process a month ago through Bevington and Kenyon.

You're making some big assumptions there, for starters that we were interested in any of those.  I also have some difficulty believing that we started the process a month ago.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

seriously mate, it's done.  I think everyone gets your opinions on this...but The club/Gibson have made the decision they are entitled to make, time to move on. you can be angry at the club

FWIW -The Chinese discussions with Gibson were centered more towards Bulkhaul and Rockcliffe. Despite what was said in the media the talks were primary regarding club sponsorship and hotel owners

I don't know whether you've noticed this or not but you have a tendency to recommend Danish people for various things. 

Posted Images

So much flying around atm. Just sit back and relax guys, we havent even had the playoff final yet

Sorry to have to break this to you, but were not in the final

thats obv not what i meant

So much flying around atm. Just sit back and relax guys, we havent even had the playoff final yet

Did you mean we shouldn't listen to all of these ITK types coming on here cos they are just making stuff up?  :whistle: :upside_down:

What is confusing me slightly, or would be confusing me if I didn't already think that MFC has a certain level of incompetence, is how we've gone from we'll be taking our time, it's important to appoint the right person to after a few days only two people are getting an interview?

I’d be surprised if that’s how it’s gone on. Maybe we had a shortlist of 8 managers that we really wanted. We contacted their agents and in that process quite a few fell away due to finances, not interested etc. The German guy chose Stuttgart, Reiziger decided to stay at Ajax, Van Bronckhorst and Arteta probably turned us down flat. We are now down to two out of those. We might even have started the process a month ago through Bevington and Kenyon.

You're making some big assumptions there, for starters that we were interested in any of those.  I also have some difficulty believing that we started the process a month ago.

I am. It was just in the opposite direction of what you were assuming that we have only sounded out Jokanovic and Woodgate and that’s it. I just think that we have contacted more and that’s what I was trying to say.

Did you mean we shouldn't listen to all of these ITK types coming on here cos they are just making stuff up?  :whistle: :upside_down:

just keep a light ear to the ground, but yeah just relax. haha. My hopes are not raised

The club incompetent? No way!

I am. It was just in the opposite direction of what you were assuming that we have only sounded out Jokanovic and Woodgate and that’s it. I just think that we have contacted more and that’s what I was trying to say.

I wasn't actually assuming anything as I'm not convinced it's true.

Yeah this is a good point. I suppose it could potentially be the case that Jokanovic and Woodgate are currently the only ones with interviews lined up. Obviously if one of them emerges as an outstanding candidate then they may be offered the job, but if not, then the search continues. After all, we probably still have 2 or 3 weeks before not having a manager would realistically start to hinder us in any way.

Heckingbottom is hibs manager?

Yep. Last seen in the championship managing Leeds for a glorious 16 games before getting the can.

Yeah but he’s literally just took over there hasn’t he?

We didn't know if McClaren, Robson or Karanka would be up to it until they were given the chance.. And lets be honest those 3 are the best managers we've had this Ayresome Park.

Fair point

Is it a fair point?

Robson was about 3 million years ago, McClaren and Karanka were assistants at champions league giants.

from all the names cropping up ,if we take a breath and  use info that has previously been  assumed as correct theres a bunch of them that maybe can be dismissed.

Heckinbottom,Gerard, are currently employed as managers so if the fact that Gibson doesnt want to poach people already in a position  ..dismiss these ....and to a lesser degree Arteta and those mentioned that are in assistant roles.

worryingly if not Jokanovic , that still points to Woodgate, and Pearson as seriously strong options no matter what rumours crop up . tbh its a wonder Claude Puels name hasnt made it o the betting list  lol. plus in the last two days weve been informed(rightly or wrongly) that the interviews comprise of six candidaytes dropping to four then two . only a small handful of people really know who,how many and when and the end of the day.

We didn't know if McClaren, Robson or Karanka would be up to it until they were given the chance.. And lets be honest those 3 are the best managers we've had this Ayresome Park.

Fair point

Is it a fair point?

Robson was about 3 million years ago, McClaren and Karanka were assistants at champions league giants.

Woodgate played at CL giants for some of the biggest names in management.. you can gather experience in many ways